Are you ready to take your career as a Diesel Technician to the next level?
At First Student, our technicians/mechanics are an integral part of the communities they serve. They are committed to safety, customer service and have experience in heavy equipment repair. We are currently looking for an experienced diesel technician at our Barrie, Ontario location.
Why pick First Student? Glad You Asked!
We care as much about you as our students’ safety. That’s why we are Proud & Excited to offer the following:
- Competitive Wages & Consistent Pay – Hourly Rate opposed to flat rate
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Training which is on the cutting edge of transportation with technology
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Job Duties Include:
- Perform brake, safety, and PM inspections
- Complete work orders legibly and accurately
- Perform on road repairs/service calls as required
- Perform defect repairs as required
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Comply with Safety & Health regulations in the workplace
- Maintain required tools for the job & submit tool inventory annually
- Other duties as assigned by Shop Manager
- After hours on-call responsibilities as required
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Job Requirements:
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence along with clean abstract
- 310S & 310T designations
- School bus experience preferred
- Strong electronic diagnostic skills
- Willingness to work with others
- Mechanically-minded and safety-conscious
- Garage environment and on road repairs if needed.
- Weekday - Monday to Friday - hours to be determined
- Occasional weekend work
Now is the time to enhance your career…not just pursue another job. You do not want to miss out on this tremendous opportunity!
Apply online today to become a part of our team!
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.