Customer Service/Contact Center Representative
At First Student, Customer Service Clerks are an essential part of our team. They create a smooth running environment to assist the location employees, location managers, and drivers.
- Provide highest level of customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Respond to customer inquires and problems by providing timely and accurate information or directing inquires to appropriate staff member.
- Able to reach out to existing customers to grow business.
- Treats each customer and staff member with courtesy, dignity and respect of privacy.
- Meet or exceed established performance requirements.
- Meets and exceeds “sales objectives” as directed by the CBM
- Willingness to follow and execute departmental procedures.
- Adheres to the work schedule in order to handle the call volume and contractual requirements, unless request made by supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned
- Passion and pride for providing excellent customer service. Communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Able to prioritize work, excellent accuracy levels, attention to details, able to multi-task in an efficient and accurate way.
- Desire to be a part of a dedicated team that is committed to excellence within their job.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, professional and friendly telephone manner. Call Centre experience an asset as well as Bus Driving experience.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook. Superior keyboarding and data entry skills.
- Detail oriented, high accuracy levels.
- Ability to understand, listen and execute the customer’s needs.
- Previous experience in a high volume call center's an asset.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with a positive outcome.
- Skilled in making outbound calls an asset.
- High school graduate with some College experience.
“First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse work force. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.”