Commercial Transport / Heavy Duty Mechanic
Greyhound Canada is the largest provider of intercity bus transportation in Canada, serving nearly 800 locations. It has become an icon of bus travel, providing safe, enjoyable and affordable travel to 5.5 million passengers each year.
The Greyhound running dog is one of the most-recognized brands in the world. Are you dedicated and enthusiastic with a desire to join a winning team? Being a part of Greyhound Canada, means being part of the largest ground transportation carrier in North America. This is not just a job. It's a career.
- Perform brake and safety inspections and complete required repairs and reports.
- Repair defects to vehicles.
- Able to diagnose & repair power train, electrical systems, HVAC system, air ride suspensions, drum and disk brakes, wheels and hubs, differentials, air valves, hydraulic steering system.
- Repair and maintain facility and property as required.
- Repair wheelchair lifts
- Complete work orders on repairs made and parts used.
- Add labor to repair orders.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Maintain required tools.
- Other duties as directed by garage foreman or manager.
- Adhere to all Greyhound maintenance policies and procedures.
- Comply with all Greyhound safety and corporate policies and procedures.
- Able to operate small hand tools safely.
- Ability to work on a rotation schedule
- 3-5 years working as a heavy duty mechanic
- Valid licensed Commercial/ Truck Transport journeyman ticket or Heavy Duty Equipment Technician.
- Valid CVIP inspection license for truck, trailer and coach for the province of Ontario
- Class 5 Drivers license (class 2 or 3 preferred) or equivalent.
- Working with others
- Mechanically minded and safety conscious
- Must be flexible
- Computer Skills
- Unionized garage environment with a rotation schedule
- Morning and afternoon shifts available
- Work 10 hour shifts four times per week
- Work indoors year-round
Greyhound Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, aboriginal peoples, and members of a visible minority.
Greyhound Canada, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Canadian Human Right Act and Greyhound’s Canada Accommodation Policy, will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities during all steps of the hiring process. If selected to continue, please inform the Greyhound Canada’s Human Resources staff at HR@greyhound.ca of the nature of any accommodation(s), materials and/or processes that you require to ensure your equal involvement.
We thank all applicants for their time and interest in Greyhound Canada, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.