Team Manager, Settlements
Current work authorization for Canada is required for all openings.
At Fidelity, we’ve been helping Canadian investors build better financial futures for over 35 years. We offer individuals and institutions a range of trusted investment portfolios and services - and we’re constantly seeking to find new and better ways to help our clients. As a privately owned company, we boldly embrace innovation in all areas as we continue to grow our business into the future.
Working with us means you’ll be part of a diverse and dedicated group of people who make a real difference for our clients and communities every day. You’ll have a wide range of opportunities to grow and develop your career in an inclusive environment where you’ll feel valued and supported to be your best - both personally and professionally.
What We Do
Based in Toronto, Fidelity Clearing Canada (FCC) is the leading independent clearing broker and custodian in the Canadian market. We provide trade execution, clearing, custody and back-office support services to Canadian-based brokerage firms and registered Portfolio Managers.
For more information about Fidelity Clearing Canada, please visit https://clearingcanada.fidelity.com/.
The Team Manager, Settlements manages a functional team of operations employees. This role manages the day to day operations of assigned teams ensuring processing volumes across all available queues and Service Level Opportunities (SLO) are met. This role is responsible for ensuring that Fidelity's brand and reputation is protected by adhering to Fidelity's compliance and risk framework.
The ideal candidate is a natural coordinator who has a strong sense of big-picture objectives and a sharp eye for detail
What You Will Do:
1. Operations management.
- Daily review of depart
- Reviews the transactions of associates; ensures completion of daily volumes and identifies processing errors/trends; suggests plans to correct.
- Responsible for overseeing and assessing the daily workload of the respective operations team, to ensure accepted policies and procedures are adhered to, client needs are exceeded and that any risk to FCC or it's client is mitigated.
- Provides functional area expertise, oversight, problem resolution, training, analysis, and reporting as required across a variety of group responsibilities.
- Works closely with the Settlements Managers on other special planning and departmental projects
- Monitor queues for incoming requests, ensuring targets and metrics are met (quality response, timing, etc).
2. Compliance and risk management.
- Assists in or develops supervisory procedures that are designed to strengthen regulatory and risk controls for assigned team(s).
- Participates in internal and external audit engagements;
- Accountable for identifying issues and risks (financial and regulatory); resolves where possible or escalates appropriately
- Responds and actions time-bound items within the timelines provided.
3. People management.
- Provide regular coaching and feedback to help employees meet business objectives and enhance individual performance.
- Ensure their employees understand the values, policies and procedures of Fidelity and their business unit.
- Ensure team receives the training on the skills and knowledge to proficiently perform the role.
- Employees feel they have the necessary tools to perform and be successful at their job.
4. Provides input into business planning and resource planning for their functional unit.
- Provides subject matter expertise and plays a project lead role in corporate and divisional projects and initiatives, including client conversions.
- Participate on implementation of products, services and client business as it relates to their functional unit.
- Ensuring a positive client experience from all business units.
5. Working relationships.
- Collaborates with other Operations Team Managers and senior management across internal operations departments to resolve problems or enhance processes.
- Partners with external business partners such as 3rd party vendors, custodians to communicate and resolve issues.
- Seeks out Continuous Improvement opportunities to enhance ease of doing business for clients and to further support the team
The Expertise You Bring:
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized self-starter, with a customer service focus and ability to manage a team and complex tasks
- Effective management skills including ability to motivate people
- Proven experience in building and managing relationships with customers and team
- Contributes to divisional and departmental initiatives by participating in and contributing to the success of assigned projects
- Ability to learn and teach on systems and products quickly and gain an understanding of FCC’s product offerings
We are in search of a candidate with the following:
- 3+ years in Financial Services or 3 – 4 years progressive experience in operations or customer service within the brokerage or financial services industry
- 1+ years of experience coaching, training, mentoring, and leading people
- University degree or equivalent work experience.
- Completion of Canadian Securities Course would be considered an asset
Fidelity Canada is an equal opportunity employer
Fidelity Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, family status, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected ground.
Accommodation during the application process
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.
No telephone inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.