Student, Financial Analysis (Winter 2024 Co-op Term)
At Fidelity, we’ve been helping Canadian investors build better financial futures for over 35 years. We offer individuals and institutions a range of trusted investment portfolios and services - and we’re constantly seeking to find new and better ways to help our clients. As a privately owned company, we boldly embrace innovation in all areas as we continue to grow our business into the future.
Working with us means you’ll be part of a diverse and dedicated group of people who make a real difference for our clients and communities every day. You’ll have a wide range of opportunities to grow and develop your career in an inclusive environment where you’ll feel valued and supported to be your best - both personally and professionally.
What we provide:
Fidelity offers you the chance to build a career, develop professionally and explore different career paths throughout the company. Students are placed into an area of interest and will be provided with a mentor to support them throughout their journey. We offer our students an extensive training program to help enhance skills in communication, public speaking, networking, business etiquette and emotional intelligence. Fidelity proudly supports various non-profit organizations and provides students with the opportunity to volunteer to make a difference in their community. You’ve worked hard to prepare yourself for a great career. No matter what your undergraduate degree is in, there is an opportunity for you at Fidelity.
As a student in Financial Analysis, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about current market trends and how it impacts a mutual fund company.
- Partner with various teams across Fidelity and how finance provides support to those areas.
- Prepare monthly management reporting process by compiling financial and operation data.
- Complete financial analysis on the sales, operations and financial data to understand key variances and trends.
- Assist with the development and testing new finance reporting tools.
- Participate in several research projects focusing on the mutual fund industry with the purpose of learning about the industry, key trends and the competitive landscape.
- Provide support to finance organizational goals and other ad hoc assignments.
What we’re looking for:
- You are working towards a university degree with a concentration in finance, commerce, business, or economics is preferred.
- You have strong analytical skills including working knowledge of financial terms and ratios
- You can manage projects, juggle multiple priorities and manage deadlines.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel and PowerPoint (previous experience with Microsoft Access is an asset).
- You must be currently enrolled in a registered co-op program to be considered for this position
- You must also be available on a full-time basis for the duration of the co-op term
Please provide a copy of your resume, cover letter and transcript.
You will be working on a flexible hybrid schedule as part of Fidelity’s dynamic working arrangement. This position will be based in Toronto.
Current work authorization for Canada is required for all openings.
We care a lot about fostering a compassionate, people-centric culture, and are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 employers for the last five years.
Fidelity Canada is an equal opportunity employer
Fidelity Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, family status, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected ground.
Accommodation during the application process
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.
No telephone inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.