Student, FCC Operations (Winter 2024 Co-op Term)
At Fidelity, we’ve been helping Canadian investors build better financial futures for over 35 years. We offer individuals and institutions a range of trusted investment portfolios and services - and we’re constantly seeking to find new and better ways to help our clients. As a privately owned company, we boldly embrace innovation in all areas as we continue to grow our business into the future.
Working with us means you’ll be part of a diverse and dedicated group of people who make a real difference for our clients and communities every day. You’ll have a wide range of opportunities to grow and develop your career in an inclusive environment where you’ll feel valued and supported to be your best - both personally and professionally.
What we provide:
Fidelity offers you the chance to build a career, develop professionally and explore different career paths throughout the company. Students are placed into an area of interest and will be provided with a mentor to support them throughout their journey. We offer our students an extensive training program to help enhance skills in communication, public speaking, networking, business etiquette and emotional intelligence. Fidelity proudly supports various non-profit organizations and provides students with the opportunity to volunteer to make a difference in their community. You’ve worked hard to prepare yourself for a great career. No matter what your undergraduate degree is in, there is an opportunity for you at Fidelity.
You’ll be placed in a division of Fidelity that handles the clearing and custody of client assets, named Fidelity Clearing Canada (FCC). Fidelity Clearing Canada, founded in Toronto in 2009, provides Canadian registered brokerage firms and portfolio managers with trade execution, clearing, custody and back-office support. This part of Fidelity works with our clients (Introducing Brokers and Portfolio Managers) who hold various types of assets. FCC is a fast-growing division of Fidelity, and the future is very bright as we look to be the #1 clearing and custody broker of choice in Canada.
How you’ll make an impact:
As a student in FCC Operations, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in one or more of:
- Day to day administrative duties as assigned
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Creating, preparing, and analyzing statistical reports
- Gain valuable financial industry knowledge on the products FCC offers
- Exposure to account types and the Introducing Brokers and Portfolio Managers business models
- Collaborate with various Operations departments within FCC
- Strengthen your skills on managing workload by completing tasks in our systems
- Become proficient on multi-tasking and prioritizing work items
What we’re looking for:
- Working towards a university degree with a concentration in finance, commerce, business, or economics is preferred (ideally completed 1st or 2nd year)
- Keen interest in the financial services industry and capital markets
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a customer service focus
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word
- You must be currently enrolled in a registered co-op program to be considered for this position
- You must also be available on a full-time basis for the duration of the co-op term
You will be working on a flexible hybrid schedule as part of Fidelity’s dynamic working arrangement.
Current work authorization for Canada is required for all openings.
We care a lot about fostering a compassionate, people-centric culture, and are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 employers for the last five years.
Fidelity Canada is an equal opportunity employer
Fidelity Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, family status, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected ground.
Accommodation during the application process
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.
No telephone inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why Work at Fidelity?
We are proud to be recipients of the following:
- Canada's Top Family-Friendly Employers 2023 (7th consecutive year)
- Canada's Top 100 Employers 2023 (7th consecutive year)
- Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2023 (10th consecutive year)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2023
- Venngo Healthy Workplaces Award Workplace Benefits Awards – Health and Wellness Program
- HRDC Best Places to Work 2023
- A Canadian Compassionate Company
- Great Place to Work (Dec 2022 - Nov 2023)
- Best Workplaces for Women 2023 by Great Place to Work