Student, Emerging Technologies (Winter 2024 Co-op Term)
At Fidelity, we’ve been helping Canadian investors build better financial futures for over 35 years. We offer individuals and institutions a range of trusted investment portfolios and services - and we’re constantly seeking to find new and better ways to help our clients. As a privately owned company, we boldly embrace innovation in all areas as we continue to grow our business into the future.
Working with us means you’ll be part of a diverse and dedicated group of people who make a real difference for our clients and communities every day. You’ll have a wide range of opportunities to grow and develop your career in an inclusive environment where you’ll feel valued and supported to be your best - both personally and professionally.
What we provide:
Fidelity offers you the chance to build a career, develop professionally and explore different career paths throughout the company. Students are placed into an area of interest and will be provided with a mentor to support them throughout their journey. We offer our students an extensive training program to help enhance skills in communication, public speaking, networking, business etiquette and emotional intelligence. Fidelity proudly supports various non-profit organizations and provides students with the opportunity to volunteer to make a difference in their community. You’ve worked hard to prepare yourself for a great career. No matter what your undergraduate degree is in, there is an opportunity for you at Fidelity.
How you’ll make an impact:
As a Student, Emerging Technologies you’ll be responsible for assisting in the transformation of a traditional asset management model and processes into a beautiful digital experience that will meet the evolving expectations of today’s consumer.
You will help re-imagine and define how customers find, buy, customize and manage investments in a digital world. You’ll help define the long-term customer strategy, the technology roadmap and future potential.
You will work directly with the existing Asset Management business, along with engineers, designers, sales, marketing, finance and, others to create a cohesive user experience vision and strategy. You’ll be an important member of the Emerging Technologies team, partnering with engineering, design, data and, analytics to provide a first-class customer experience.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain an understanding of financial services markets and customer and user requirements, particularly relating to asset management.
- Work with cross-functional solutions teams to deliver integrated solutions across the various financial platforms
- Have a bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive fast-paced product development.
- Collect and analyze data on customer preferences and needs to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand. Conduct market research that will assist in driving feature prioritization.
What we’re looking for:
- You understand and are experienced in the evolving digital technology landscape
- You are skilled at using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- You have coding or UI/UX experience
- You are data-driven with strong analytical skills
- You have advanced skills in MS Excel
- You have a strong ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events)
- You must be currently enrolled in a registered co-op program to be considered for this position
- You must also be available on a full-time basis for the duration of the co-op term
Please provide a copy of your resume, cover letter and transcript.
You will be working on a flexible hybrid schedule as part of Fidelity’s dynamic working arrangement.
Current work authorization for Canada is required for all openings.
We care a lot about fostering a compassionate, people-centric culture, and are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 employers for the last five years.
Fidelity Canada is an equal opportunity employer
Fidelity Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, family status, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected ground.
Accommodation during the application process
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.
No telephone inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.