Operations Representative - Mutual Funds
*This role is designated as “Hybrid” as part our Fidelity’s Dynamic Working Model*
Who We Are:
Fidelity Clearing Canada (FCC) was founded in 2009 to provide execution, clearing, custody and back-office support services to Canadian-based brokerage firms and the Canadian brokerage arms of global-based firms. A leader in the independent clearing broker and custodian marketplace, FCC has grown to become the second-largest clearing firm in Canada with $13 (CAD) billion in assets under administration.
What You Will Do:
The Operations Representative - Mutual Funds delivers stellar service to internal and external clients by administering a full range of operations transactions associated with the Mutual Funds department within Fidelity Clearing Canada. The Mutual Funds department is responsible for settlements, reconciliation, and processing of rejected trades. The administrator will provide feedback on rejected trades to the branches, as well as liaising with the various mutual fund companies for various requests.
They will ensure that daily tasks and complex issues are processed in a timely and accurate fashion while adhering to policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines.
This role reports into the Manager Operations FCC and is responsible for completing daily work volumes within assigned scope of responsibility.
- Maintain a balanced daily reconciliation of FundSERV and the cash flow
- Reconciling/reporting control accounts on a daily/monthly basis
- Reconciling/reporting of client accounts on a monthly basis
- Transfer of funds between accounts via FundSERV
- Posting problematic trades using ESG standards
- Investigating and correcting rejected trades
- Non-financial updates for client accounts
- Set up of systematic plans for client accounts
- Assist in the payout of commissions to advisors
- Other duties as assigned
- 1- 2 years industry experience would be an asset
- Community college degree or equivalent work experience
- Industry related courses
- DataPhile experience an asset
- Microsoft excel
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while meeting firm deadlines
Fidelity Canada is an equal opportunity employer
Fidelity Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, family status, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected ground.
Accommodation during the application process
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.
No telephone inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why Work at Fidelity?
We are proud to be recipients of the following:
- Canada's Top Family-Friendly Employers 2023 (7th consecutive year)
- Canada's Top 100 Employers 2023 (7th consecutive year)
- Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2023 (10th consecutive year)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2023
- Venngo Healthy Workplaces Award Workplace Benefits Awards – Health and Wellness Program
- HRDC Best Places to Work 2023
- A Canadian Compassionate Company
- Great Place to Work (Dec 2022 - Nov 2023)
- Best Workplaces for Women 2023 by Great Place to Work