Operations Representative - GIC's (Guaranteed Investments Certificates)
*Please note - The “Dynamic Working” Arrangement for this role is “Hybrid”. Successful candidates will work in a blended from home / in office schedule. *
Who We Are
Fidelity Clearing Canada (FCC) is the leading independent clearing broker and custodian in the Canadian market. We provide trade execution, clearing, custody and back-office support services to Canadian-based brokerage firms and the Canadian brokerage arms of U.S.-based firms.
For more information about Fidelity Clearing Canada, please visit https://clearingcanada.fidelity.com/
What You Will Do:
This role reporting to the Manager, International Settlements and is responsible for ensuring all GIC purchases flow through to Cannex, funds are paid to respective issuer, top day recon is done before EOD (end of day) and commissions are reconciled and paid to the advisors/clients.
- Review Day orders
- GIC CDS Settlements GIC Wire payments Post Purchase - Line off Open Items
- GIC Order Entry
- GIC Commission Distribution
- Cancel and Correct GIC orders
- GIC issuer onboarding
- Deliver stellar quality customer service interactions to our internal and external customers to exceed their expectations and create a positive experience.
- Provide what was promised, dependably and accurately and in a timely manner.
- Make our clients feel like they are #1 priority.
- Take ownership of solving a customer’s problem promptly; use all available resources to achieve the best outcome.
- Provide caring and individual attention to customers; promptly acknowledge customers’ emotions; treat each customer with respect; pays attention to details; actively listen to internal and/or external customers to understand and anticipate their needs and to create value Using continuous improvement methodologies, continually searches for and takes initiative to improve and/or eliminate ineffective processes to improve customer service or gain efficiencies.
- Using experience/knowledge assist the client with hands on training as required to ensure the best possible methods are being used
What We’re Looking For:
Basic knowledge of GIC
High level of accuracy and detail orientation
Strong ability to communicate effectively with the IB's and Issuers via both email and phone
Strong client service orientation
Strong Excel skills (Vlook-up, Pivot Tables, etc)
The Experience You Bring:
2+ Years of Experience working in a Brokerage, or similar companies
Direct industry experience in GIC preferred
Post-Secondary Education, or equivalent experience.
Fidelity Canada is an equal opportunity employer
Fidelity Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, family status, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected ground.
Accommodation during the application process
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.
No telephone inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why Work at Fidelity?
We are proud to be recipients of the following:
- Canada's Top Family-Friendly Employers 2023 (7th consecutive year)
- Canada's Top 100 Employers 2023 (7th consecutive year)
- Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2023 (10th consecutive year)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2023
- Venngo Healthy Workplaces Award Workplace Benefits Awards – Health and Wellness Program
- HRDC Best Places to Work 2023
- A Canadian Compassionate Company
- Great Place to Work (Dec 2022 - Nov 2023)
- Best Workplaces for Women 2023 by Great Place to Work