Operations Representative - Banking
*Please note - The “Dynamic Working” Arrangement for this role is “Hybrid”. Successful candidates will work in a blended from home / in office schedule. *
Who We Are
Fidelity Clearing Canada (FCC) is the leading independent clearing broker and custodian in the Canadian market. We provide trade execution, clearing, custody and back-office support services to Canadian-based brokerage firms and the Canadian brokerage arms of U.S.-based firms.
For more information about Fidelity Clearing Canada, please visit https://clearingcanada.fidelity.com/
What You Will Do
The Operations Representative, Banking is mainly responsible for ensuring money movement across FCC is delivered in an efficient and flawless manner, providing a high level of service to both our internal and external clients.
- Process daily cash movements inbound and outbound to FCC (includes wires, cheques, EFTs, bill payments)
- Regular interaction with internal business units and Banks to resolve payment/receipt queries and general Cash Management issues
- Monitor intraday banking activity and following up with bank investigations
- Ensure activities posted to both cash and clearing GL accounts are reviewed and reconciled timely based on procedures
- Respond to audit inquiries in a timely manner; as required, make calls to the bank directly to clarify adjustments or to items on the bank statements in order to reconcile activity; liaise with auditors to confirm bank balances as of a certain dates, as needed.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of personal ownership and commitment to achieving meaningful short and long-term results.
What We’re Looking For:
- Post-secondary program or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1 years’ full-time experience in the financial services industry particularly in a Banking role
- Cash management experience is an asset
The Expertise You Bring:
- Strong knowledge of Banking transactions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team and independently
- A demonstrated proficiency in problem solving
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate well with internal departments, vendors and clients
Fidelity Canada is an equal opportunity employer
Fidelity Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, family status, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected ground.
Accommodation during the application process
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.
No telephone inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why Work at Fidelity?
We are proud to be recipients of the following:
- Canada's Top Family-Friendly Employers 2023 (7th consecutive year)
- Canada's Top 100 Employers 2023 (7th consecutive year)
- Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2023 (10th consecutive year)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2023
- Venngo Healthy Workplaces Award Workplace Benefits Awards – Health and Wellness Program
- HRDC Best Places to Work 2023
- A Canadian Compassionate Company
- Great Place to Work (Dec 2022 - Nov 2023)
- Best Workplaces for Women 2023 by Great Place to Work