Operations Representative - Account Transfers
* Current Work Authorization fo Canada is required for all openings*
You will be working in a Hybrid Schedule as part of Fidelity's dynamic working arrangement.
What We Do:
Fidelity Clearing Canada (FCC) is the leading independent clearing broker and custodian in the Canadian market. We provide trade execution, clearing, custody and back-office support services to Canadian-based brokerage firms and the Canadian brokerage arms of U.S.-based firms. For more information about Fidelity Clearing Canada, please visit https://clearingcanada.fidelity.com/
What You Will Do:
The Operations Representative - Accounts Transfers will be a valuable addition to FCC's Operations department.
- The Account Transfers team is responsible for both the transfer-in of Assets into FCC as well as for the transfer-out of assets leaving our firm. You would become familiar with our electronic deliveries (ATON) as well as our manual way of exchanging documents (non-ATON).
- As part of Account Transfers, you will review forms, initiate transfers, follow-up with institutions on statuses while keeping our clients up to date
- Investigate the rejected transfers and communicate the issues to our clients for resolution
- Reconcile the Account Transfers control accounts daily.
What You Need:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience
- You have between 1 - 2 years’ of experience in the financial services industry.
- You are familiar with different account types such as Non-Registered Accounts (Cash, Margin, Joint etc.) as well as Registered Accounts (RRSPs, TFSAs, RESPs etc).
- Excellent MS Excel skills
The following are assets:
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the brokerage industry
- Completion of, or enrolment in, a financial services industry program (e.g. CSC)
- Bilingual (verbal and written) in French and English
- Familiarity with ATON, Dataphile, Fundserv, CDS, Arrow and DTCC
Expertise You Will Bring:
- You are an effective team player and are also able to work independently.
- You have strong written and verbal communication.
- You have an eye for detail and strong time management skills.
- You are passionate about delivering quality customer service, striving to exceed customers' expectations.
- You work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Fidelity Canada is an equal opportunity employer
Fidelity Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, family status, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected ground.
Accommodation during the application process
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.
No telephone inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why Work at Fidelity?
We are proud to be recipients of the following:
- Canada's Top Family-Friendly Employers 2023 (7th consecutive year)
- Canada's Top 100 Employers 2023 (7th consecutive year)
- Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2023 (10th consecutive year)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2023
- Venngo Healthy Workplaces Award Workplace Benefits Awards – Health and Wellness Program
- HRDC Best Places to Work 2023
- A Canadian Compassionate Company
- Great Place to Work (Dec 2022 - Nov 2023)
- Best Workplaces for Women 2023 by Great Place to Work