Writer & Digital Marketer
WRITER & DIGITAL MARKETER
Are you a positive, creative wordsmith who loves storytelling and geeking out on effective non-profit communication? This could be the opportunity for you!
At Food for the Hungry, we’re focused on ending poverty, one community at a time. We’re looking for a full-time team-player with a passion for creating engaging material to join our enthusiastic, Christian team in Abbotsford, B.C.
You’ll work with our rock-star marketing team, preparing digital and print copy with the goal of motivating Canadians to join Food for the Hungry in our mission to end poverty.
As a small organization, we love to punch above our weight, investing our limited resources to focus on results. We like to experiment with new ideas and your creativity will be essential. Our approach is positive and fun, so bring your A-game when it comes to clever banter and dedicated work ethic.
Expect to hit the ground running, working with the team to dream up concepts or drafting a variety of copy for print and online media. You’ll help prepare direct mail, emails, blog posts, reports, proposals, web content, and social media posts. You’ll also help smooth over copy for other departments’ projects; in fact, you’ll have already noticed what we could’ve written a better job posting.
- Words are your jam. You can bring the power of a story to life and weave a moving tale in less than 300 words. You live and breathe English semantics and syntax, and possibly own a t-shirt that reads “I’m silently correcting your grammar”.
- You are digitally-inclined, able to navigate the guts behind digital platforms like blogs, social media, online analytics, and websites. And self-motivated to learn new skills as technology changes.
- Analyzing the what, how, and why of marketing (analog and digital) holds your attention, and you want to tabulate and craft new approaches from your research.
- You like your ducks in a row. Juggling priorities and hitting deadlines is rewarding. You’re fastidious about organizing content and resources for every project.
- You'll need a post-secondary degree in a related field or a lot of marketing experience. Or both. Send us your creative portfolio if you’ve got some work to show off.
POSITION: Full time, permanent
LOCATION: FH National Office Abbotsford, British Columbia
DEPARTMENT: Communications & Marketing
Submit your CV to email@example.com
Those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org Â Â