Regional Data Technician
Farmers Edge is a global leader in decision agriculture servicing over 22 million paid product acres worldwide with precision digital solutions. Integrating field-centric data, easy-to-use software, state-of-the-art processing technology, predictive modelling, and advanced agronomic analytics, Farmers Edge provides growers with scalable solutions to produce more with less. Using innovative digital agronomic tools, Farmers Edge solutions focus on the sustainable production of high-yielding, high-quality crops and are designed to optimize inputs, minimize environmental impact, and protect economic viability of the farm. From seed selection to yield data analytics, Farmers Edge transforms big data into timely and accurate insights to support informed decision making.
Regional Data Technician
Location: Winnipeg MB; Lethbridge, AB (and surrounding area)
Reporting to the Data Processing Manager, the Regional Data Technician is the key role that connects our operations and technical divisions and facilitates data management and the return of our various products to the Grower. The successful candidate will be focused on working with the regional operations team to maintain data integrity from agricultural equipment. They will have a working knowledge of our rapid processing software and be capable of identifying and resolving issues and improvements.
Duties may include the following:
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate generation of data layers for harvest and application datasets to Farm Command (online platform);
- Operation and supervision of batch processing systems;
- Working closely with the central data processing team in Lethbridge to ensure smooth operations and issue resolution;
- First-line support on data processing issues, prioritizing issues from the assigned region;
- Frequent external communication to assigned region, to ensure good visibility on processing status and delays;
- Work with various development teams (Rapid Processing, Modelling) to assist with feature development and bug fixes;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree from a recognized post secondary institute in GIS, Geography, Earth Sciences, Computer Science, or any related discipline is preferred;
- Three to Five Years experience in Agriculture operations with an understanding of basic farming practices;
- Experience with Python, ArcGIS, QGIS, and SMS Advanced;
- Understanding of Agronomic practices would be considered an asset;
- Strong customer service skills and problem solving abilities;
Compensation: Farmers Edge offers a very competitive compensation package. Salary dependent on qualifications and skill.