Farmers Edge is a global leader in decision agriculture servicing over 22 million acres worldwide with precision digital solutions. Integrating field-centric data, easy-to-use software, state-of-the-art processing technology, predictive modelling, and advanced agronomic analytics, Farmers Edge provides growers with scalable solutions to produce more with less. Using innovative digital agronomic tools, Farmers Edge solutions focus on the sustainable production of high-yielding, high-quality crops and are designed to optimize inputs, minimize environmental impact, and protect economic viability of the farm. From seed selection to yield data analytics, Farmers Edge transforms big data into timely and accurate insights to support informed decision making.
Location: Provost, Alberta (and surrounding area)
Reporting to the Location Supervisor, the Precision Agronomist is the key role responsible to deliver agronomic support to growers in the region.
Duties may include the following:
- Describe Farmers Edge Precision Solutions products to growers and channel partners, understanding value proposition for each segment in different regions.
- Use remote sensing and satellite imagery, interpreting data to create quality Farmers Edge zone maps by fields, using proprietary software.
- Use GPS, and maps to complete precision soil sampling procedures, acting as lead expert and backup for Seasonal Soil Samplers.
- Interpret soil test results from Farmers Edge Labs or chosen regional contract laboratory.
- As a subject matter expert, utilizing Farmers Edge Tool Set (Zone Calculator/Recommendation Engine/Virtual Soil Testing) to create and/or approve fertilizer, fungicide and seeding recommendations (Rx) prescriptions.
- Provide support in collecting and completing contract requirements with growers.
- Collect Equipment IDs
- Field plans including legal land description and crop rotations
- Historical info such as As-applied data.
- Develop working relationships to provide support to Regional Agronomists in Pro System training as well as 3rd party representatives and channel partners.
- Work with growers to provide agronomic support to interpret yield variability maps, identify potential stress or pressure in the field, for further scouting investigations for R&D.
- Collect data for Verification/Super Sites and variety evaluation trials with representatives support.
- Using preferred Farmers Edge scouting software, Collect data as per identified protocols for R&D verification Site, Supersite, and Variety Evaluation Trials. (VETs)
- Other sites for yield, disease model validation.
- Work with Regional Customer Relationship Managers and Solution Sales Specialists to help drive sales including reconcile grower concerns on fertility, fungicide or seeding recommendation (Rx) as required.
- Support other hub personnel such as Precision Tech Specialists at times. Set up weather stations and help with data collections from the field.
- Understand and participate in the Farmers Edge business plan and strategies to achieve operational and personal successes.
- Travel throughout territory as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Agriculture.
- CCA accredited candidates preferred. Candidates without will be expected to complete this designation.
- Strong understanding of agronomy and/or precision agronomy including but not limited to;
- Cropping systems and farming practices in the region
- Fertilizer types and blends
- Seed and drainage regulations
- Location farm equipment.
- Previous experience doing data collection for R&D purposes, growth staging, recognizing disease, weeds, growth, and other environmental pressures.
- Understanding of basic meteorological data and how it relates to crop production.
- Technologically inclined.
- Strong customer service skills and problem solving abilities.
Compensation: Farmers Edge offers a very competitive compensation package with health benefits, retirement plan and company vehicle. Salary dependent on qualifications and skill.