About Farmers Edge
Farmers Edge is a global leader in decision agriculture servicing over 22 million paid product acres worldwide with precision digital solutions. Integrating field-centric data, easy-to-use software, state-of-the-art processing technology, predictive modelling, and advanced agronomic analytics, Farmers Edge provides growers with scalable solutions to produce more with less. Using innovative digital agronomic tools, Farmers Edge solutions focus on the sustainable production of high-yielding, high-quality crops and are designed to optimize inputs, minimize environmental impact, and protect economic viability of the farm. From seed selection to yield data analytics, Farmers Edge transforms big data into timely and accurate insights to support informed decision making.
Location: Corporate Office, Winnipeg MB
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Marketing Assistant will provide administrative support to the marketing department along with online and phone support for our grower and staff applications. The successful candidate will work directly with the marketing team, external vendors, customers and staff to assist with questions, comments and requests. They will follow up with the requests and report feedback to their manager.
What you'll be doing:
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department's activities
- Support marketing team in organizing various activities and projects
- Assist in the organizing of promotional events and activities
- Assist in monitoring active marketing programs and developing ways to improve campaigns
- Prepare, format and edit a range of documents and task lists
- Support social media messaging on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Update and maintain various spreadsheets, databases and inventories
- Conduct market research to identify marketing trends and come up with creative, innovative ways to support the Marketing team
- Collaborate with colleagues to create innovative ways to gain exposure for products
- Support all marketing shipments and tracking of marketing supplies
- Act as first line customer support to promptly triage requests to appropriate teams.
- Provide appropriate and correct information to incoming customer questions and product knowledge requests.
- Resolve routine billing, shipping questions, product usage questions, ; and present any significant customer issues to your manager.
- Complete technology training as identified throughout the year. Remain current on Farmers Edge product advancements.
- Collaborate with other teams and resources to resolve questions/issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Knowledge of social media platforms and marketing strategies associated
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor with the ability to work with all levels of the organization
- A high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently
- Good organization skills
- Fluent in French and English (written and spoke) would be considered a preferred asset
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think under pressure.
- Commitment to continual education about the company, products and services.
- A strong commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
What would be great:
- Post-secondary education in the field of Business Administration and/or Marketing
- 1+ years working in a similar role
- Familiar with and know the ins-and-outs of MS Office
- Ability to work in a collaborate, flexible, team environment and meet aggressive timelines
- Some agricultural knowledge
What you'll get:
- Competitive compensation package along with a great benefits package and perks
- Paid vacation time off
- Fast paced, energetic work environment
- Opportunity to grow and develop by working with a knowledgeable team
Farmers Edge Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHhe8QS3bP0