Business Account Manager - Future Vacancies
Farmers Edge is a global leader in decision agriculture servicing over 22 million paid product acres worldwide with precision digital solutions. Integrating field-centric data, easy-to-use software, state-of-the-art processing technology, predictive modelling, and advanced agronomic analytics, Farmers Edge provides growers with scalable solutions to produce more with less. Using innovative digital agronomic tools, Farmers Edge solutions focus on the sustainable production of high-yielding, high-quality crops and are designed to optimize inputs, minimize environmental impact, and protect economic viability of the farm. From seed selection to yield data analytics, Farmers Edge transforms big data into timely and accurate insights to support informed decision making.
Business Account Manager
When applying to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment. If there is a position available within your city area or state, please apply directly to that posting.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Business Account Manager is passionate in achieving maximum growth in sales revenue within an assigned territory by effectively selling Farmers Edge's innovative solutions to local growers and channel partners.
Duties may include the following:
- Manage a portfolio of partner accounts to achieve long-term success;
- Generate new sales using existing and potential partner dealer networks;
- Develop a territory sales and marketing plan focused on partner specific strategies, tactics and execution;
- Manage the relationship with new and existing channel partners by providing training and guidance to ensure partners are successful in acre acquisition;
- Set and track sales account targets, aligned with Farmers Edge objectives;
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all partner account management matters in your territory;
- Monitor sales metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and monthly forecasts);
- Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth with partner dealers;
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity weekly to build and adapt appropriate sales strategy relevant to the geography;
- Demonstrate and lead presentations of Farmers Edge product and services;
- Resolve conflicts and provide solutions to customers in a timely manner;
- Complete technology training as identified throughout the year. Remain current on Farmers Edge product advancements;
- Participate in trade shows with the purpose of generating strong leads for target clients;
- Travel throughout region as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum five years' sales experience, preferably in the agriculture industry;
- Minimum five years' experience managing business to business accounts;
- A two-year diploma or bachelor's degree from a recognized agricultural college or related field with emphasis on soil science, plant science and crop production considered an asset;
- Proven work experience as a Sales account manager or Sales account executive;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with channel partners;
- Highly motivated, driven and passionate about sales success;
- Able to work independently regularly, but committed to the regional sales team's objectives;
- Hands on experience in sales and an ability to deliver excellent customer experience;
- Knowledge of CRM software and MS Office;
- Understanding of sales performance metrics;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- An ability to deliver projects and answer inquiries on time;
- Business acumen with a problem-solving attitude;
- Valid drivers license with a reasonably clear driving record;
Why work with Farmers Edge in a Business Account Manager role?
- Competitive base salary with an uncapped bonus program!
- Room for growth: Successful Business Account Managers have the opportunity for advancement!
- Employee referral bonuses!
- Work perks program providing discounts in travel, retail, food, and more!
- Paid vacation time!
- Cost share health benefits package; 80% employer paid, 20% employee paid!
- Employer matched retirement package!
- Company truck, cell phone and laptop!
Farmers Edge Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHhe8QS3bP0