Corporate Tax Specialist - Edmonton, AB
FBC’s Corporate Tax Specialist is part of the local branch operations team and provides expert technical support around corporate (T2) tax, financial statements and bookkeeping.
The Corporate Tax Specialist role is key to ensuring that quality work is performed, services are delivered accurately and on time, and Members’ needs are handled in a timely and proactive manner. This role provides valuable support, knowledge and coaching to our Local Tax Consultants and office staff pertaining to corporate tax. The Corporate Tax Specialist provides regular training sessions as needed in response to required changes and improvements.
The Corporate Tax Specialist has a strong foundation of knowledge and expertise in corporate (T2) taxes and will use this knowledge to respond to tax, bookkeeping, audit, payroll, and T4/T5 questions from our Local Tax Consultants, office staff and Members. Strong communication skills and professionalism are imperative.
Functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Contribute directly to Member (client) satisfaction and retention by ensuring the delivery of quality products and service
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with FBC’s existing corporate Members
- Liaise between Local Tax Consultants, the Accounting Team’s Corporate Processors and Members as necessary to ensure that quality corporate processing, tax returns and customer service are delivered
- Verify that the quality and completeness of FBC products (corporate tax returns, financial statements and bookkeeping) meet quality standards and, if not, identify gaps and areas for improvement
- Keep informed of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations
- Provide support to branches and Members around complex tax situations to reduce product errors
- Provide coaching and formal learning and development
- Respond to tax, bookkeeping, CRA audit, payroll, and T4 questions/requests from Local Tax Consultants, office staff and Members
- Ensure annual Member temperature check calls are completed, assisting as needed
- Monitor and maintain tracking data
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on tax, accounting, finance, or related field (or an equivalent combination of education and experience in tax, accounting, finance, or bookkeeping)
- Two (2) years or more of T1 and T2 tax preparation experience including GST returns
- Two (2) years or more of front line customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Technical knowledge in the areas of accounting and bookkeeping
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated through the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues, clients, and Members
- Top notch communication skills, written and verbal, including over the phone
- Skilled in researching tax related matters
Attributes and Aptitudes
- Resourceful, positive, can-do personality
- Collaborative, team spirit
- Superior customer service focus
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Committed to continuous learning
- The capacity and interest in learning new processes and software, including databases
Join us and build a career with FBC!
Please submit current cover letter and resume, in one document, via our Careers page at www.fbc.ca . Search for Job I.D. 2018-1644 and click on the "Apply for this job online" button at the bottom of the job posting.
Deadline for submissions: October 5th, 2018, or as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Reviews of submissions will begin immediately.
Please note: while we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected to proceed through the hiring process will be contacted.
Only applications submitted through our careers page will be considered.
Farm Business Consultants (FBC) has helped Farm and Small Business owners across Canada save a total of $27 million in taxes last year alone. With over 60 years in business and almost 20,000 active Members from British Columbia to Nova Scotia, FBC brings together a strong team of tax experts with one of Canada’s most sophisticated tax engines to ensure our Members pay the least amount of taxes over the long run. Our customers benefit from our industry leading Membership model that provides year round services. Members count on FBC for proactive tax planning, business consulting, the best possible tax return, and the security of audit protection through their Membership. You are invited to visit us at www.fbc.ca to learn more about our service and product offerings.
FBC is committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace. We strive to provide accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation may be made at any stage of the recruitment and selection process providing the applicant meets the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
To receive a copy of a job posting in an alternative format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.