Business Development Coordinator - Barrie, ON
As our Business Development Coordinator, you will provide key support to our Business Development Representatives by promoting FBC services. This is an exciting opportunity to cultivate leads by acting as a spokesperson at events and tradeshows as well as through research, social media and outbound calling. The Business Development Coordinator role demands a high degree of professionalism at all times. You will also carry out daily tasks to keep the department functioning smoothly, including gathering information and tracking data. As our Business Development Coordinator, you will act as a liaison between Members (clients), prospects and sales staff, therefore solid communication skills are a must.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
To succeed in this role, you will possess a positive attitude, high energy, and:
- Competency in cultivating sales through researching, booking and attending target market events
- Professional cold calling and networking skills
- Skills in using social media platforms to create brand awareness and to generate leads and referrals
- A talent for building relationships quickly with prospects, colleagues and customers
- Effective communication skills and a warm personality, in person and over the phone
- The capability to work independently with very little supervision, but also the ability to take direction and collaborate within a team environment
- A drive to reach goals and to achieve targets
- A willingness to take on interesting concepts and to apply them in creative ways
To support our Business Development Reps you will:
- Partner with Marketing to seek out and attend tradeshows and special events in order to cultivate relationships and generate leads
- Research target markets and work with team members to build prospect lists
- Manage social media marketing for the branch with a goal of achieving inbound leads and brand recognition in the local community
- Proactively reach out to prospects in our target markets to build relationships and to nurture those relationships to generate appointments
- Manage relationships with current Members and develop new relationships with prospects, providing education of services
- Maintain a client and prospect database for booking appointments, managing a sales funnel and developing follow up schedules (Microsoft CRM)
- Look after basic administrative duties including reporting on sales activities and results
Education and Experience:
- A 2-year business admin or marketing diploma and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience in working tradeshows and delivering measurable results is a strong asset
- 1 year or more of sales experience (preferably in Tele-Sales and/or with intangibles or services) will be highly regarded
- Salesforce or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM)/database software experience is an asset
- Work is performed in an office and involves some paid travel to areas in and around the area
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle are required
A career with FBC provides:
- An opportunity to build a long and rewarding career in an established and well-respected organization that provides variety and ongoing training within a supportive team environment.
- A pride in knowing that you have had the opportunity to grow FBC market share through the acquisition of new Members.
- Career advancement opportunities – FBC has a promote from within focus.
- Full benefits including Medical, Dental, Life, Disability coverage, and a Health Spending Account.
- Regular staff social events.
- A charitable donation matching program for all staff.
Join us and build a career with FBC!
Please submit current cover letter and resume, in one document, via our Careers page at www.fbc.ca . Search for Job I.D. 2018-1639 and click on the "Apply for this job online" button at the bottom of the job posting.
Deadline for submissions: September 21st, 2018, or as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Reviews of submissions will begin immediately.
Please note: while we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected to proceed through the hiring process will be contacted.
Only applications submitted through our careers page will be considered.
Farm Business Consultants (FBC) has helped Farm and Small Business owners across Canada save a total of $27 million in taxes last year alone. With over 60 years in business and almost 20,000 active Members from British Columbia to Nova Scotia, FBC brings together a strong team of tax experts with one of Canada’s most sophisticated tax engines to ensure our Members pay the least amount of taxes over the long run. Our customers benefit from our industry leading Membership model that provides year round services. Members count on FBC for proactive tax planning, business consulting, the best possible tax return, and the security of audit protection through their Membership. You are invited to visit us at www.fbc.ca to learn more about our service and product offerings.
FBC is committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace. We strive to provide accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation may be made at any stage of the recruitment and selection process providing the applicant meets the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
To receive a copy of a job posting in an alternative format, please contact us at email@example.com.