JOB OPPORTUNITY: Manager, PRIYD Program
Manager, PRIYD Program Competition #112-18
DO YOU WANT A MEANINGFUL CAREER, HELPING OTHERS? JOIN US!
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF GREATER VANCOUVER (FSGV)
Founded in 1928 and celebrating its 90th year, FSGV is a charitable organization with nearly 100 social services programs and 500 employees across Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
FSGV commands respect in the community while envisioning and impacting brighter futures for the people we serve. We provide a supportive workplace for our staff and professional, effective services for our clients, including counselling, therapy, advocacy, education, employment support and community services.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Preference may be given to candidates with a Master’s degree and/or advanced education in leadership and topics related to child development, working with special needs populations, and working with the Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Experience with budget management is an asset.
- Awareness of community services, resources and systems and ability to work with these; competence in working with a multi-cultural community.
- Knowledge of program management, financial management and staff supervision
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues facing children and families with special needs and the relevant resources and services available
- Knowledge of child development with particular reference to children with developmental challenges and/or autism spectrum
- Demonstrated working knowledge of specific community based programs and related support systems, applicable legislation and policies, and issues regarding children and youth with disabilities and their families
- Ability to work with families who may present multiple service needs related to poverty, addictions, violence, child abuse or neglect, and mental health issues who are from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to develop and maintain a strong and supportive team environment that includes a culture of shared accountability.
- Ability to develop and maintain community relationships.
- Ability to consider and construct practices which acknowledge and incorporate the experiences of persons who are marginalized on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, economic status, language, culture, age, disability, sexual orientation/identity and/or gender-identity.
HERE’S WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER
PRIYD is a community access program focusing on functional life skills and community integration for special needs children and youth living in Burnaby, New Westminster, Richmond, and Vancouver. A support for children and youth with developmental disabilities and behavioural challenges, the goals of the program are to increase each person’s independence and to support the family. Service is provided both one-to-one and in small groups.
YOUR KEY CONTRIBUTIONS
The Program Manager is responsible for the management, quality, and supervision of the designated program areas. As a member of the management team, the Program Manager supervises staff members, participates in budgeting and manages within their budget, as well as fostering relationships with funders and other internal and external parties. The manager will work with colleagues and co-workers in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in client and family centered care, within a complex multi-site environment that extends to the community. In addition, the manager provides leadership, supervision and support, participating in program planning and development and ensuring that service contract, agency and accreditation standards are met while networking with other agencies and the larger community.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
FSGV provides a comprehensive compensation package, with pension and generous extended health benefits for our regular staff.
FSGV supports career development and training for staff to reach their potential, offering mentorship and professional advancement in a supportive environment. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values diversity and respect for all.
Work Hours: 35 hrs/week
Salary: $64,355.20 annually
Location: Vancouver, travel to other sites throughout Greater Vancouver will be required
HOW TO APPLY
If this describes you, please send us your resume and cover letter (indicating the competition number #112-18 in email subject line). In your cover letter, please outline your interest and relevant experience for this role, and tell us where you heard about this opportunity.
**if you are an internal candidate, please indicate “INTERNAL” in the subject line of the email**
FSGV is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org for follow-up.
Send your application to: Shahnaz Kabir at email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest.
FSGV is committed to the principles of diversity. We encourage applications from qualified people of all genders expressions and identities, sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons and persons with disabilities.