125-18 Trauma Therapist
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Trauma Therapist
Trauma Therapist Competition # 125-18
DO YOU WANT A MEANINGFUL CAREER, HELPING OTHERS? JOIN US!
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF GREATER VANCOUVER (FSGV)
Founded in 1928 and celebrating its 90th year, FSGV is a charitable organization with nearly 100 social services programs and 500 employees across Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
*Innovation *Integrity *Diversity * Optimism * Excellence
FSGV commands respect in the community while envisioning and impacting brighter futures for the people we serve. We provide a supportive workplace for our staff and professional, effective services for our clients, including counselling, therapy, advocacy, education, employment support and community services.
WHAT YOU BRING
- MSW, MA or M.Ed. (Counselling Psychology) or equivalent degree
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant counselling experience working with children, youth and adults with emphasis on sexual abuse, trauma, dissociation and attachment preferred
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of theory/diverse treatments in the field of sexual abuse/sexual assault, and trauma related to physical, sexual or extreme emotional abuse
- Excellent counselling skills including play/ expressive therapies, individual, family and group counselling
- Experience providing parenting support, information and education to caregivers on child development and the impacts of trauma on attachment and development of the child
- Experience assessing the emotional underpinnings of children’s behaviour with the caregiver and providing intervention strategies for positive parenting
- Strong ability to work as a member of a team and identify with policies/procedures of the agency
- Familiarity with legal system/legislation pertaining to child abuse, neglect and sexual assault
- Awareness of community resources and systems, and ability to navigate those systems
- Competence in working with diversity
- Competence in report writing, and sufficient administrative skills to maintain the agency’s CARF accreditation standards, as well as a working knowledge of computer email and Internet
- Ability to use initiative and function independently
- Ability to present cases to team/supervisor and be open to feedback
- Experience with EMDR and somatic approaches to counselling an asset
- Commitment to ongoing personal and professional growth and development
- Criminal record check is a condition of employment
HERE’S WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER
FSGV’s Counselling & Trauma Services Program provides a spectrum of counselling services (free and fee-for-service) for the community, including a number of specialized services in collaboration with community partners and funders. The TASA program groups STV, SAIP and MCFD programs. The STV (Stopping the Violence) program provides free counselling to women who have experienced violence in relationships, sexual assault and/or childhood sexual trauma. SAIP (Sexual Abuse Intervention Program) provides free counselling to children and youth who reside in the city of Richmond, who have experienced sexual trauma and their families. The family trauma program is a gated MCFD program for children, youth and families in Richmond, who have experienced trauma.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is responsible for providing therapeutic intervention to adults, children, youth and their families who have experienced trauma or have been sexually abused, as well as to adult female survivors of sexual abuse. This includes assessment, treatment, referral, and consultation and collaboration with other service providers.
YOUR KEY CONTRIBUTIONS
- To provide short and long-term counselling to adults, children, youth and their families (this position will primarily focus on working with children and youth and their families, with some individual work with adults)
- To work with these clients to provide assessment, development of counselling goals and a plan of healing, termination and follow-up
- To work as part of a counselling team in peer consultation, and attend team meetings
- To actively participate in clinical supervision
- To participate in developing and facilitating groups
- To consult, network, advocate and coordinate with other community programs and agencies around issues pertaining to clients
- To attend integrated case management meetings in the community
- To perform various administrative tasks pertaining to client service and personnel issues following agency policies.
- Respond to community requests for information about trauma and sexual abuse
- Give presentations on a limited basis in the community regarding TASA
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
FSGV provides a comprehensive compensation package, with pension and generous extended health benefits for our regular staff.
FSGV supports career development and training for staff to reach their potential, offering mentorship and professional advancement in a supportive environment. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values diversity and respect for all.
Work Hours: Full-time based on 35 hours per week
Salary: $1,842.93 bi-weekly (GS10, Step 1), with a competitive benefits package and pension
HOW TO APPLY
If this describes you, please send us your resume and cover letter (indicating the competition number #125-18 in email subject line). In your cover letter, please outline your interest and relevant experience for this role, and tell us where you heard about this opportunity.
FSGV is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to email@example.com for follow-up.
Send your application to: Jamie Smulders, Manger, Clinical Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Post End Date: We will review candidates until position is filled
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest.
FSGV is committed to the principles of diversity. We encourage applications from qualified people of all gender expressions and identities, sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons and persons with disabilities.
TalentEgg will send your application to: email@example.com