Room Attendant (Seasonal & Full-Time Opportunities)
*Staff Housing is available on-site
As a Room Attendant with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts you will have the opportunity to create lasting memories for every Guest, ensuring Guest rooms are comfortable, inviting and clean. The luxury our Guests experience will ensure their return.
Hotel Overview: For over 125 years, The Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation. With 757 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, 78,000 square feet of expansive conference facilities, and one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career. This is a vibrant workplace with tremendous growth and mentorship opportunities; a place for colleagues who aspire to deliver amazing guest service, learn, grow and innovate.
The Rocky Mountain lifestyle doesn’t disappoint. Just a 1-hour drive from Calgary, Banff uniquely blends a community of hospitality enthusiasts, outdoor adventure seekers, artists, entertainers, and families alike. It’s all at your doorstep; this year-round, mountain culture offers work–life balance in one of Canada’s most spectacular destinations. Our welcoming community is cultural, and dynamic.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the floor supervisors, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Responsible for following all established and future Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)…these will include, but not limited to reporting to work, signing in and out, master, sectional or general keys, Sequence of Service and Lost and Found
- Cleaning of the guestrooms include: making beds and changing sheets as required, dusting, vacuuming, placing furniture to its original position, attentive to the guests belongings by pairing shoes, folding clothes and ensure that all other personal belongings are cared for. Additional information as laid out in Sequence of Service.
- Cleaning of the bathrooms includes: cleaning all surfaces (horizontal and vertical), all sinks, taps, vanities, tubs, showers and walls and toilets. Additional information as laid out in Sequence of Service.
- Report all concerns related to Engineering/Maintenance, Health and Safety, Security or Suspicious circumstances (including smells/sights and sound)
- Responsible for the assistance in maintaining a clean and organized backspace
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized Housekeeping cart
- Responsible for assisting in the removal of trash, recyclables and dirty linens as seen fit or directed
- Expected to adhere to all Fairmont Hotels & Resorts standards that relate to Hygiene and Grooming, Health and Safety, Fire, Accommodations, Guestroom Standards and Guest Interactions
- Previous experience is an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- No prior education required
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Physically fit and able to work well under pressure
- Able to push, pull, lift up to 50+ lbs
- Able to bend and kneel with comfort
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!