Dishwasher/Stewarding Attendant (Seasonal & Full-Time Opportunities)
*Staff Housing is available on-site
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe and efficient operations. Showcase your talents as a Kitchen Steward where your attentiveness and care will ensure the delivery of exceptional cuisine.
For over 125 years, The Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation. With 757 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, 78,000 square feet of expansive conference facilities, and one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career. This is a vibrant workplace with tremendous growth and mentorship opportunities; a place for colleagues who aspire to deliver amazing guest service, learn, grow and innovate.
The Rocky Mountain lifestyle doesn’t disappoint. Just a 1-hour drive from Calgary, Banff uniquely blends a community of hospitality enthusiasts, outdoor adventure seekers, artists, entertainers, and families alike. It’s all at your doorstep; this year-round, mountain culture offers work–life balance in one of Canada’s most spectacular destinations. Our welcoming community is cultural, and dynamic.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Operate an industrial dishwasher
- Ensure the kitchen Colleagues have the dishes/silverware required and guests have clean dishes
- Sort, stack dishes, and load/unload dishwasher
- Sort, stack and store all cleaned items in an organized and safe manner
- Ensure all breakages and chipped items are removed from circulation and inventoried
- Ensure floors are dry and clean at all times
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- No prior experience required
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
TalentEgg will send your application to: Janine.Valliere@fairmont.com