Student, HR - Corporate & Community Affairs (Winter 2024 Co-op Term)
At Fidelity, we’ve been helping Canadian investors build better financial futures for over 35 years. We offer individuals and institutions a range of trusted investment portfolios and services - and we’re constantly seeking to find new and better ways to help our clients. As a privately owned company, we boldly embrace innovation in all areas as we continue to grow our business into the future.
Working with us means you’ll be part of a diverse and dedicated group of people who make a real difference for our clients and communities every day. You’ll have a wide range of opportunities to grow and develop your career in an inclusive environment where you’ll feel valued and supported to be your best - both personally and professionally.
What we provide:
Fidelity offers you the chance to build a career, develop professionally and explore different career paths throughout the company. Students are placed into an area of interest and will be provided with a mentor to support them throughout their journey. We offer our students an extensive training program to help enhance skills in communication, public speaking, networking, business etiquette and emotional intelligence. Fidelity proudly supports various non-profit organizations and provides students with the opportunity to volunteer to make a difference in their community. You’ve worked hard to prepare yourself for a great career. No matter what your undergraduate degree is in, there is an opportunity for you at Fidelity.
How you’ll make an impact:
As a student in HR - Corporate and Community Affairs, you will be providing a wide variety of administrative support services for the Human Resources Leadership team. The student will get the opportunity to interact with all levels of the organization, as well as external clients to provide information on behalf the executive and to field and re-direct calls and requests as required.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Create, publish and track content for Fidelity Canada corporate intranet.
- Provide daily lunch and vacation coverage for reception services.
- Assist with the implementation of various projects that support the internal communication strategies (e.g., company achievements and milestones).
- Consult with departments across Fidelity Canada regarding internal communications initiatives on a project-by-project basis
- Assist with the administration of Fidelity Canada’s corporate social responsibility strategy, including tracking employee volunteerism and internal campaigns.
What we’re looking for:
- You are currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution with a program major in business, administration, or HR
- Previous work experience in HR is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment
- Ability to balance and prioritize tasks while maintaining the appropriate attention to detail and accuracy
- You have a strong customer service focus with effective listening and interpersonal skills
- You must be currently enrolled in a registered co-op program to be considered for this position
- You must also be available on a full-time basis for the duration of the co-op term
Please provide a copy of your resume, cover letter and transcript.
You will be working on a flexible hybrid schedule as part of Fidelity’s dynamic working arrangement.
Current work authorization for Canada is required for all openings.
We care a lot about fostering a compassionate, people-centric culture, and are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 employers for the last five years.