Underwriting Policy Coordinator - Underwriting Operations Team
Underwriting Policy Coordinator - Underwriting Operations Team-0002WK
EDC is Canada’s export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you’ll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you’ll know that you’re making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
Team & Position Overview
The Underwriting Operations team assists the Credit Insurance group in the efficient and timely delivery of quality business support services to their internal and external clients. This team focuses its behaviors and continuous improvements on creating efficiency and streamlining tasks that free up capacity for the Credit Insurance group, contributing daily to its growth and sustainability.
The Underwriting Operations team is looking for a motivated, customer-focused business support professional that demonstrates strong teamwork abilities to fill the role of the Underwriting Policy Coordinator in Ottawa.
Reporting to the Manager, those filling this position are responsible for the efficient delivery of quality service for internal & external clients as well as prospects, pertaining mainly to the Portfolio Credit Insurance product.
- Assists in the delivery of insurance solutions provided by the Credit Insurance group;
- Ensures policyholder data integrity;
- Identifies and assigns incoming inquiries to appropriate teams;
- Prepares relevant documentation/correspondence in line with corporate branding and customer service standards;
- Ensures that communications with intermediaries are properly archived and that all relevant information is documented (including actions taken, recommendations submitted for review, follow up steps, etc.);
- Follows up directly with partners and stakeholders on requirements pertaining to documents;
- Provides information to EDC’s stakeholders (credit approval listing, claims history, net claim premium, policy documents, etc.) while constantly adhering to processes to avoid confidential information breaches;
- Prepares transactions within specified parameters, policies and guidelines; and
- Actively identifies opportunities or initiatives to improve internal processes to ensure optimal and value-added service to customers.
- Completion of secondary school;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in administrative field with exceptional customer service;
- Strong knowledge in the operation of computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and other related programs) and ability to work with computer-based applications; and
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English and French.
- Undergraduate Bachelor or College degree;
- Knowledge of Underwriting and Credit Insurance processes;
- Experience in managing customer relations; and
- Experience in a corporate or financial service setting.
$45,700 - $68,500 plus performance-based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: October 23, 2020, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.
Additional Information Administrative Support; Other; Insurance
Primary Location: Canada-Ottawa
Job Type: Permanent