Underwriting Policy Coordinator
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2018, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Position Overview
The Working Capital Solution Hub is the first line of support for the International Financing Guarantee and Contract Insurance and Bonding teams. We are looking for a motivated and customer-focused administrative professional to fill the role of Underwriting Policy Coordinator.
The Underwriting Policy Coordinator will be responsible for the execution of tasks associated with the service delivery to Contract Insurance and Bonding clients and prospects through application support and policy coordination. S/he will assist the underwriter in the efficient delivery of quality service to the client.
- Responsible for data integrity of policies and assists Underwriters with data quality;
- Assist the underwriters in the preparation of the invoice for customers with payment in arrears agreement;
- Enter all policy offers in the outstanding offers list and follows up directly with customers on payments due pertaining to the Policy;
- Follows up directly with customers or banks on signed documents required pertaining to the policy;
- Identifies and assigns incoming inquiries to appropriate individuals;
- Understands the needs and requirements of various intermediaries and interacts with them as required;
- Provides research and performs various supportive tasks for Underwriters to improve efficiency of project and deal delivery;
- Actively identify opportunities or initiatives to improve internal business and processes, systems and service delivery to ensure optimal and value-added service to customers.
- Post-secondary education or a combination of education and relevant work experience
- Minimum 3 years of varied experience with external customers as an administrator, coordinator or office manager
- Strong ability to communicate in both official languages (written and verbal)
- Understanding of EDC's underwriting and credit risk standards and practices
- $45,000 - $67,000 + performance-based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: December 14, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.