Student/New Grad, National Strategy and Operations (Fall 2019)
EDC is Canada’s export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you’ll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you’ll know that you’re making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with. Our student development opportunities include work terms and co-op programs – all designed to give your career a head start.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100, Top Family-Friendly, Best Diversity and Greenest Employer.
The Commercial Markets & Small Business Group is looking for an energetic, self-motivated, adaptable and resourceful Student who will be supporting a team of sales and business development professionals. Reporting to the National Sales Operations Manager based in Ottawa, the Student will support new business and renewal application submission support, client and partner management as well as client and prospect research.
Responsibilities may include:
- Researching and analyzing small Canadian businesses and commercial markets
- Preparing internal reports and analysis of customer analytics
- Assisting in the organization and logistics of business development events
- Providing support for Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Assisting with certain administrative needs relating to transaction documentation
Our ideal candidate:
- Student enrolled in a Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or International Management
- Completed at least one work term in their field of study
- Motivated self-starter, good organizational, research and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Enthusiasm to tackle any task, whether menial or complex
- Ability to communicate in both official languages
What can you expect from an EDC work term? Building cross-functional networks of colleagues, identifying and following through on opportunities for improvement and innovation, learning and growing constantly through coaching and mentoring, working in a high-performing, fast-paced and flexible environment facilitated by technologies and access to an in-house fitness center at our Ottawa headquarters.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: August 23, 2019, 2019 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.