Student, Marketing and Digital Strategy
Prepare yourself for the next challenge
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
Working at EDC means your decisions can affect the bottom line of Canada's exporters; your expertise can guide their strategies and your ideas can shape their plans. Each day brings new challenges, requiring the best of your skills, ideas and innovative thinking. You'll build relationships with some of the brightest and most talented minds in Canada and around the world as you work together to support the success of our clients. Our student development opportunities include work terms and co-op programs – all designed to give your career a head start.
As EDC aims to be the leader in helping all Canadian exporters go, grow and succeed internationally, the marketing team has an ambitious agenda to deepen exporter engagement through digital capabilities and data driven marketing programs. As part of the business development group, the marketing team is seeking a Student to support its digital program in an effort to increase awareness of EDC across current and potential Canadian exporters.
Aspiring to be the digital platform for all exporters in Canada, EDC aims to service the total spectrum of exporter needs (information, knowledge, advisory and financial products) while allowing them to connect amongst themselves and other professionals. Relying on effective relationship building, the Student is expected to work across the communications, marketing, technology, business development and economic teams to constantly increase the quality of our digital platforms and deepen exporter engagement.
- Conduct research to obtain factual information and authentic detail, in order to provide written material
- Produce written copy in the form of editorial articles, blogs, and other promotional marketing material.
- Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability, or supervise others who do this work.
- Manage digital copydecks to ensure specifications are met for story text, photos.
- Manage relationships with vendors, internal clients and subject matter experts for commercial insights to assign work as required.
- Collaborate with the content team to develop story outlines or content ideas, considering buyer journey and pain points.
- Oversee publication research, production, translation, web development to adhere to deadlines and budget requirements.
- Work with campaign managers (social, paid, search) to ensure advertisement respects tone and copy guidelines
- Apply SEO guidelines across all content assets
- Occasionally contribute to our blog and assist content marketers with writing
- Ensures that the organization's websites provide comprehensive information, knowledge and product, service detail that is aligned with the exporter journey easily available to existing and potential customers
- Develops and evolves content and information architecture to improve traffic volume and quality from search engines and third-party integrators
- Tracks usage trends of the organization's websites, digital tools including number and quality of visitors and makes recommendations to improve effectiveness and customer experience
- Ensures that online content is labeled in the way that best serves users' needs and integrates points to various social networking and micro-blogging sites
- Establishes and maintains an information architecture that is well organized, user experience driven, and presents a consistent corporate look and feel according to brand standards Analyzes the use of website content and design; takes steps as necessary and affordable to improve information content architecture and design
- Employs focus groups, surveys
Our Ideal Student
- Student enrolled or recently graduated from a Bachelor of Commerce with a specialization in Marketing
- Experience in content creation and storytelling on digital platforms
- Experience and/or knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Marketing Automation techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Motivated self-starter, good organizational and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to communicate in both official languages
What can you expect from an EDC work term?
Building cross-functional networks of colleagues, identifying and following through on opportunities for improvement and innovation, learning and growing constantly through coaching and mentoring, working in a high-performing, fast-paced and flexible environment facilitated by technologies and access to an in-house fitness center at our Ottawa headquarters.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: May 24, 2019 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.