Student, Marketing & Communications - FinDev Canada (Montreal)
In January 2018, Canada’s Development Finance Institution (“DFI”), operating as FinDev Canada, was established. Headquartered in Montreal, FinDev Canada is a subsidiary of Export Development Canada (“EDC”), Canada’s export credit agency, whose mandate is distinct from that of FinDev Canada. Canada’s new DFI provides a range of financing solutions including debt, equity and guarantees to achieve clear development objectives by supporting private sector companies in emerging market countries in Latin America, the Caribbean and Sub-Sahara Africa.
The private sector plays a key role as a driver of economic growth and development, and DFIs are critical instruments to facilitate and optimize the contribution of private investment to development. While remaining financially self-sustaining, DFIs respond to the specific challenges faced by companies operating in developing countries in getting access to the finance necessary to grow their businesses.
As a new entrant, FinDev Canada aspires to contribute to the field of private sector development finance with an innovative, collaborative and business-minded approach. Through its actions, it will seek to generate positive impacts in terms of job creation, climate change mitigation and women’s economic empowerment, in a manner consistent with Canada’s international development mandate.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small but growing team of highly talented professionals whose mission is to originate and turn a project into a successful, ground breaking organization whose activities will contribute to changing people’s lives in developing countries.
The position is located in Montreal.
FinDev Canada is looking for a dynamic, client-oriented student to support social media and marketing activities. The Student will work alongside a Social Media and Marketing Specialist to develop and implement external and internal social media and marketing plans. The incumbent will work closely with a number of internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the content produced connects well with the target audience and supports FinDev Canada’s corporate orientations and reputation. They will support FinDev Canada’s website and organizational branding.
- Brainstorming for content creation ideas and opportunities
- Content creation and curation
- Content curation from external sources for content calendar
- Posting of content approved from the content calendar to social media and website
- Research and drafting for internal content creation (blog posts, articles to pitch to external media, etc.)
- Fact-checking of speeches
- Maintenance of collaterals for events and creation of new informational materials (fact sheets, etc.)
- Improvement of the daily brief through reviewing and feedback
- Drafting of proactive media pitches and assisting in the identification of ideal media outlets for these
- Compilation of monthly analytics data from social media and website, production of monthly reports
- Assist with the creation of purchase requisitions
- Availability allowing, the role could also assist in other corporate initiatives such as event organization and support
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from an Undergraduate Degree in Communications, Journalism, Social Media, Marketing is desired, although other relevant degrees are acceptable
- Bilingual with exceptional writing skills and oral and written command of both official languages (English and French)
- Knowledge and experience in managing digital media, including websites, blogs, and social media
- Experience managing internal and external relationships
- Knowledge of and commitment to sustainable development
- Motivated self-starter, good organizational and analytical skills
- Available to work in Montreal
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
FinDev Canada is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.
Number of Openings: 1
Primary Location: Canada-Montreal
Job Type: Student/Co-op