Student, Contract Insurance and Bonding (Full Time\: June-December 2019)
Prepare yourself for the next challenge
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
Working at EDC means your decisions can affect the bottom line of Canada's exporters; your expertise can guide their strategies and your ideas can shape their plans. Each day brings new challenges, requiring the best of your skills, ideas and innovative thinking. You'll build relationships with some of the brightest and most talented minds in Canada and around the world as you work together to support the success of our clients. Our student development opportunities include work terms and co-op programs – all designed to give your career a head start.
The Contract Insurance and Bonding (CIB) Team has an opportunity for an enthusiastic student who works well in a team environment, interacting with colleagues, financial partners and customers on a regular basis. The ideal candidate will support the timely delivery of CIB solutions to meet customer needs.
If you are looking for a challenge and are willing to commit to further career advancement, the position offers an exciting and rewarding work environment with opportunities for learning and development.
Responsibilities may include:
- Screening requests to determine customer eligibility
- Interacting with customers, financial partners and colleagues
- Undertaking research
- Reviewing and gathering information in support of the underwriting process
- Analyzing and communicating risks
- Recommending and pricing EDC support reflective of these risks
- Preparing and checking the accuracy of policy documentation
- Contributing towards special projects
- Providing ongoing support of various team initiatives and activities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Student enrolled or graduated from a Bachelor of Commerce specializing in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Understanding of financial statements and analysis
- Strong computer skills, especially in Excel
- Experience conducting research and communicating findings
- Experience analyzing financial data and summarizing results
- Taking initiative, identifying opportunities for improvement and solving problems
- Ability to work in a team environment and in collaboration with others as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritize workload and display a strong sense of urgency and proactivity when handling priority requests
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and communications skills
- Ability to communicate in both official languages
What can you expect from an EDC work term?
Building cross-functional networks of colleagues, identifying and following through on opportunities for improvement and innovation, learning and growing constantly through coaching and mentoring, working in a high-performing, fast-paced and flexible environment facilitated by technologies and access to an in-house fitness center at our Ottawa headquarters.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: May 31, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.