Student, Business Technology Direction (Starting in January 2018)
Prepare yourself for the next challenge
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 8,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
Working at EDC means your decisions can affect the bottom line of Canada's exporters; your expertise can guide their strategies and your ideas can shape their plans. Each day brings new challenges, requiring the best of your skills, ideas and innovative thinking. You'll build relationships with some of the brightest and most talented minds in Canada and around the world as you work together to support the success of our clients. Our student development opportunities include work terms and co-op programs – all designed to give your career a head start.
Team and Position Overview:
The successful candidate will be a member of the Digital Delivery Center of Excellence (CoE), a team responsible for enabling and supporting key strategic initiatives to utilize a new way of working at EDC. The Student position will support the CoE in its mandate to enact change to enable this new way of working while also consulting with, training, coaching, and monitoring Digital Delivery initiatives contributing to their success.
Rooted in Agile development techniques, the Digital Delivery approach emphasizes customer centricity, empowered teams, and frequent delivery of value with continuous feedback.
The Digital Delivery Student will be working alongside experts working in the Digital and Agile space, allowing for opportunities to build experience in a high demand area while also being exposed to the operations of many of EDC's core business areas.
Our ideal candidate:
- Student enrolled or recently enrolled in a Bachelor of Commerce, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or relevant field
- Completed at least one work term in their field of study
- Experience or intimate understanding of software development techniques including SDLC and Agile
- Familiar with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience with organizational change and change management
- Measuring, evaluating, and reporting team performance using data driven metrics
- Motivated self-starter, good organizational, research and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Enthusiasm to tackle any task, whether menial or complex
What can you expect from an EDC work term? Building cross-functional networks of colleagues, identifying and following through on opportunities for improvement and innovation, learning and growing constantly through coaching and mentoring, working in a high-performing, fast-paced and flexible environment facilitated by technologies and access to an in-house fitness center at our Ottawa headquarters.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: December 8, 2017 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.