Student, Administration – FinDev Canada (Montreal)
In January 2018, Canada's Development Finance Institution ("DFI"), operating as FinDev Canada, was established. Headquartered in Montreal, FinDev Canada is a subsidiary of Export Development Canada ("EDC"), Canada's export credit agency, whose mandate is distinct from that of FinDev Canada. Canada's new DFI provides a range of financing solutions including debt, equity and guarantees to achieve clear development objectives by supporting private sector companies in emerging market countries in Latin America, the Caribbean and Sub-Sahara Africa.
The private sector plays a key role as a driver of economic growth and development, and DFIs are critical instruments to facilitate and optimize the contribution of private investment to development. While remaining financially self-sustaining, DFIs respond to the specific challenges faced by companies operating in developing countries in getting access to the finance necessary to grow their businesses.
As a new entrant, FinDev Canada aspires to contribute to the field of private sector development finance with an innovative, collaborative and business-minded approach. Through its actions, it will seek to generate positive impacts in terms of job creation, climate change mitigation and women's economic empowerment, in a manner consistent with Canada's international development mandate.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small but growing team of highly talented professionals whose mission is to originate and turn a project into a successful, ground breaking organization whose activities will contribute to changing people's lives in developing countries.
The position is located in Montreal.
Team & Job Overview
We are looking for a Student to join our group in Montreal to deliver on our mandate of impacting entrepreneurs in developing markets.
In the role of Student, FinDev Canada, you will support a dynamic group that is responsible for supporting inclusive private sector growth and sustainability in developing markets. You will apply your experience, skills and knowledge to help support the office with various administrative functions.
- Provides file, document or information storage and retrieval services including classification, organization and electronic data/Information entry or sourcing
- Provides administrative services to teams including, but not limited to handling correspondence, managing workflows, routing information, preparing documents, arranging logistics, processing inquiries, and receptionist duties
- Coordinates and administers team activities and events: logistics, arranging relevant materials and technology, recording minutes and action items
- Periodically will assist with ongoing project work conducted by the team
- Prepares expense claims and manages reimbursement process
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from an Undergraduate Degree
- Bilingual with exceptional writing skills and oral and written command of both official languages (English and French)
- Knowledge and experience in administrative/clerical work
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and other related programs)
- Knowledge of and commitment to sustainable development
- Motivated self-starter, good organizational and analytical skills
- Available to work in Montreal
What can you expect from a FinDev Canada work term?
Building cross-functional networks of colleagues, identifying and following through on opportunities for improvement and innovation, learning and growing constantly through coaching and mentoring, working in a high-performing, fast-paced and flexible environment facilitated by technologies at our Montreal office.
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: May 24, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.