Senior Commercial Account Manager, International Growth Accounts Team
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you'll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You'll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you'll know that you're making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
Team & Job Overview
The International Growth Accounts Team is looking for Senior Commercial Account Managers located in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto or Montreal. The successful candidates will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying, growing and managing a portfolio of rapidly growing Canadian commercial companies expanding their export business and investments abroad
The Senior Commercial Account Manager will understand EDC's value proposition including our financial products (financing, insurance, bonding and investment) as well as our non-financial product solutions such as trade creation activities. You will provide high value and high touch engagement with the prospects and clients to deliver EDC product solutions tailored to our clients' plans to grow internationally. You will be coordinating EDC resources to provide predictable product solutions and service delivery to the customer.
Each day brings new challenges, requiring the best of your skills, ideas and innovative thinking. You'll build relationships with some of the brightest and most talented minds in Canada and around the world as we work together to support the success of our clients.
- Identifies, evaluates and recruits potential new business opportunities with both current and potential customers to ensure a substantive opportunity pipeline;
- Develops long-term relationships and manages international growth accounts within a portfolio;
- Leads the development and implementation of strategies for all accounts in consultation with EDC's financial products, services and knowledge experts;
- Provides high value/high touch engagement to deliver EDC financial products (financing and risk management policies), services and/or solutions tailored to the needs of the international growth accounts;
- Successfully supports the customers through their international growth journey and closes new financial business opportunities;
- Has accountability on the overall relationships of the portfolio of accounts;
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships with key partners such as financial intermediaries while leveraging a well-established network for referrals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance with preference for an MBA or CFA.
- Will consider candidates with equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated business development experience, including client relationship management with focus on international financing gained through corporate or commercial banking roles
- Solid knowledge of international business practices and international trade
- Sound knowledge of bank credit and lending practices
- Knowledge of best practices in strategic sales and/or account management
- Our opening in Montreal requires the successful candidate be fluently bilingual in both official languages (English and French).
- Bilingualism (English and French)
- Experience dealing with external organizations and associations such as financial intermediaries including investment funds, banks, brokers, national and local industry/trade associations as well as national or provincial trade departments
- MBA, CFA, or CITP (Certified International Trade Professional) designation
- Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Toronto
- $86,000 – $128,000 + performance-based incentive
How to apply
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Application deadline: March 29, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.