Senior Account Manager, Commercial Markets & Small Business ( Montreal or Brossard office)
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The Commercial Markets & Small Business Team is looking for a Senior Account Manager. Reporting to the District Manager, the Senior Account Manager is responsible for growing a portfolio of small/medium-sized (SME) and large customers and prospects and for building EDC's network with corporate lending partners in the marketplace.
Success will be achieved through identifying and qualifying potential EDC clients, by new client acquisition, by cross-selling opportunities for current customers, and by coordinating EDC resources to provide predictable product solutions and service delivery to the customer. You will raise awareness of EDC's capabilities in the area through regular contacts with financial intermediaries and other influencers, while leveraging your network for referrals.
Each day brings new challenges, requiring the best of your skills, ideas and innovative thinking. You'll build relationships with some of the brightest and most talented minds in Canada and around the world as you work together to support the success of our clients.
- Creates business development opportunities in Canada with small, mid-sized and large enterprises across a spectrum of industry sectors;
- Plans and manages time effectively while locating, evaluating and recruiting potential customers, and qualified leads to ensure a substantive opportunity pipeline;
- Gathers and shares market intelligence across various sectors through external interactions with buyers, banks, exporters and sector associations to develop new opportunities and new services/products customized to clients' needs;
- Promotes and sells a suite of products, services and/or solutions to current and new customers and closes new business development opportunities;
- Identifies and develops in-depth understanding of prospects;
- Influences client and prospect decisions by building and maintaining effective long-term relationships within a geographic and/or industry focus;
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships with key industry associations in Canada and abroad.
- Identifies and qualifies potential customers and promotes the full range of EDC products and solutions to prospects, clients, and partners;
- Assesses financing, risk management or other needs and matches solution to these needs;
- Conducts research and various data gathering activities and leverages the corporate CRM, manages an assigned portfolio of accounts and develops strategic account and prospecting plans for small and medium sized businesses;
- Diligently monitors the development and progression of leads to support a producing sales funnel and is involved in transaction facilitation where appropriate;
- Executes projects, initiatives and tasks related to the fulfillment of the market coverage mandate;
- Serves as the knowledge base and problem solver for the prospect/client/bank partner; handles client negotiation strategies and manages interactions in a positive and professional manner to the mutual satisfaction and benefit of prospects/clients and EDC;
- Effectively differentiates and confidently sells EDC's value proposition.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years' business development experience, including at least 5 years of proven success in driving results and new business in commercial banking, corporate banking, or trade finance
- Advanced knowledge of bank credit and lending practices
- Knowledge of best practices in strategic sales and/or account management
- An existing established network of companies, bankers, and referral partners in the Greater Montreal region
- Bilingualism (English and French)
- Valid driver's license
- Knowledge of international business practices and international trade, including trade finance
- MBA, CFA, or CITP (Certified International Trade Professional) designation
- $86,000 – $128,000 + performance-based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: January 11, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.