Security Services Specialist/ Security Services Senior Specialist, Corporate Security (20 months)
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 7,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The Security Services Specialist/Security Services Senior Specialist assists with the development, delivery and administration of an effective corporate security program in order to protect corporate assets and provide a stable, relatively predictable environment in which employees may operate without disruption or harm, and without fear of disturbance or injury.
The role is both strategic and tactical in nature. The successful candidate will be accountable for supporting the daily operations of the Corporate Security team through effective work flow management, active sharing of knowledge and information and efficient team work. They will also be responsible to liaise with other government entities to process personnel government screening.
- Develops, administers and coordinates enterprise security programs to protect corporate assets and solutions, providing a safe and stable environment for employees (duty of care), partners and customers to operate within
- Develops corporate policies, guidelines, standards, procedures and processes including Communication, Travel, Personnel, and Physical security domains
- Conducts authorized investigations, assessments and reports to build out the domain capability while addressing gaps and contraventions of corporate policies inclusive of Corporate Security
- Provides advice and recommendations on all aspects related to the Health and Safety and Corporate Security programs
- Maintains regular contact with stakeholders internal and external to EDC in areas of regulatory, oversight, law-enforcement and intelligence entities for the purpose of relationship building, screening, threat risk assessments, travel standards, communications security, and building on best practices
- Conducts and responds to the results of Technical Security Counter Measures (TSCM) with partnership of the IT Security Steering Group.
- Manages site security vendor contract(s) and implements operational security standards for security guards as required
- Designs and delivers new-hire security orientation sessions
- Participates in the health & safety Policy Committee and travel safety programs
- Participates in threat and risk assessments as required
- Supports the delivery of security services to the regional offices and International locations
- Manages Communications Security (COMSEC) and physical security systems
- Schedules and conducts security awareness presentations on an as-required basis
- Available after-hours to receive emergency calls and to field routine operational inquiries from on-site staff using a rotational on-call system
Security Services Senior Specialist
In addition to the above responsibilities:
- Takes a lead role in the responsibilities listed above and perform them at an advanced level
- Analyses intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people or infrastructure
- Researches and revises operational security standards for security guards as required
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or security related degree
- Minimum of 2 years (Security Services 2) or 5 years (Security Services 3) of experience in a security related field, planning for organizations with international operations
- Demonstrates leadership abilities
- Provides oversight and coaching to more junior employees
- Strong preference will be given to bilingual (French & English) candidates
- Experience with Communications Security
- Experience in Cyber Security or IT infrastructure
- Experience in Government of Canada Security Policies
- Strong investigative skills
Top Secret security clearance (all applicants must have Top Secret clearance or be willing to commence the screening process)
- Security Services 2: $52,000 - $79,000
- Security Services 3: $62,000 - $92,000
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: February 26, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.