Project Portfolio System Administrator
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you'll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You'll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you'll know that you're making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
Team & Job Overview
Reporting to the Director or Project Portfolio Enablement team, the Project Portfolio System Administrator is responsible for maintaining the Planview application and the data model that supports the Project Portfolio and Program Management at EDC. The Planview administrator needs to have a solid understanding of how the organization manages work and resources and a thorough understanding of the processes and methodologies supporting the organization's project portfolio and program management practices.
Plans, monitors and manages projects or group of projects from initiation through completion. Secures required resources, and uses formal project/program management processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks, schedules and changes. Manages projects to ensure on-time completion according to the specification of the deliverable and within budgeted costs. At lower levels incumbents may be concerned with projects or smaller scope or clearly identifiable elements or functions within a larger project. At the higher levels, incumbents manage large multifaceted projects and/or program offices for multiple related projects. Typically, incumbents in the discipline are working towards or have achieved certification in project management.
The P3M System administrator will manage small to medium sized assigned projects (such as new releases for P3M solution at EDC), will be responsible to manage vendor activities related to Planview system, monitor and report on key performance indicators, risks/issues engaging with stakeholders to address data quality issues in Planview System.
- Works with other organizational groups to define, create and maintain the business processes for the Project Portfolio and Program Management - P3M domain.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of Lifecycle Models, Configured Screens, Scripted Dialogs, and Stage Gate management in Planview solution.
- Manages the application, administer resource and user changes, support weekly time reporting and integration of data, address ad hoc reports request and all other routine maintenance functions as per described in the application support model.
- The Planview Administrator acts as the main interface for EDC technology and support organization, for compliance functions and for Planview customer care/support team.
- Engages product owner and other team members to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities for Planview application and reporting services.
- Plans and coordinates all activities required to ensure Planview support services are delivered efficiently and that approved SLAs are met.
- Monitors data quality issues in Planview and flag to respective data owners (for resolution).
- Collaborates with product owner and other stakeholders to identify, track and report support metrics and benefits management of EDC investment in Planview solution.
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or System Analyst
- 5+ years of experience in application support and/or software development and/or application testing
- Working knowledge of project portfolio and program management principles, business process mapping, business requirements gathering and project delivery methods (such as iterative & Agile)
- Experience configuring and/or supporting Planview Application
- General knowledge of data models and experience working in customer support organization (e.g. system support); planning and executing UAT testing, writing user stories or in a related field
- People performing this role ideally would have general knowledge of database, network and SQL, Power BI reports
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
$73,000 - $109,000, plus performance-based incentive
Please be advised that this position is based at our Head Office in Ottawa. Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: May 24, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.