Project Coordinator (12 months)
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The Strategic Program Management Office (SPMO) is accountable for oversight and execution of programs that are required to realize our corporate strategy. SPMO manages our strategic programs in partnership with business leaders and works collaboratively with other shared services groups, to ensure initiatives in execution are aligned with corporate strategy, resources are efficiently allocated, risks are mitigated and outcomes are achieved. The SPMO team:
- Plans, monitors and manages projects or groups of projects from initiation through completion to ensure completion on time, in accordance with specifications of deliverables, and within budget;
- Secures required resources, and uses formal project/program management processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks, schedules and changes;
- At junior levels, incumbents may be concerned with projects or smaller scope or clearly identifiable elements or functions within a larger project;
- At senior levels, incumbents manage large multifaceted projects and/or program offices for multiple related projects;
- Typically, incumbents in this discipline are working towards or have achieved certification in project management.
- Supports senior project managers and associate project managers with all project management tasks;
- Supports the team by assisting in the preparation of project / program documents, schedules, logistics and communications;
- Administers, records and organizes all project/ program artifacts;
- Updates and manages all project management logs: Risk, Action, Issue and Decision.
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or in a related field
- Demonstrated understanding of project management principles and practices, including creating and monitoring schedules, budgets, meeting agendas, status reporting and risk/issue management
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience coordinating projects in a project management office or related project/program environment with competing priorities and diverse deliverables
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills and experience communicating and consulting with project executives, sponsors and stakeholders
- Proficient in: Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and other related applications
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Experience using Microsoft Project Server 2010 or related project scheduling tools
- Advanced in: Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and other related applications
- $52,000 to $79,000
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: November 9, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.