Program Manager, Exporter Services and Global Trade Operations
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2018, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview:
Reporting to the Director, Exporter Services and Global Trade Operations, the incumbent is part of the business development team responsible for connecting Canadian exporters to international buyers.
This fast-paced team is looking for a dynamic individual with experience in program management and project delivery with strong problem-solving skills. The incumbent will lead the delivery of various projects to enhance the overall achievement of business results for the Global Trade team.
Works with the Manager, Global Trade Operations to support the operations and governance of a key program at EDC related to connecting Canadian companies to international buyers. Develops and maintains processes and procedures to support business objectives. Leads projects, conducts various needs assessments and analyzes information to support the development of process improvements and the development of guidelines and standard operating procedures - all with the lens of effective program governance.
- Establishes and maintains relevant standards and guidelines and ensuring adherence across the Global Trade team and other relevant teams;
- Assumes responsibility for leading and/or participating in project teams charged with redeveloping or enhancing business processes that affect business development;
- Supports the development of new services or products that are customized to match client needs;
- Participates in the integration, modification and management of policies, guidelines, processes, procedures and controls to ensure efficient, effective, standards and consistent business development processes;
- Support the program management of EDC's connections business, including governance.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Business Administration or a related field
- Minimum 5 years' experience in business development or sales operations, or related experience
- Experience developing internal standards, processes and procedures
- Experience with problem solving, including the development of key performance indicators and visual management
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- $73,000 - $109,000, plus performance-based incentive
- Please be advised that this position is based at our Head Office in Ottawa. Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: February 22, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.