Marketing Automation Specialist (Email)
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you'll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You'll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you'll know that you're making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
Team & Job Overview
As EDC aims to be the leader in helping all Canadian exporters go, grow and succeed internationally, the marketing team has an ambitious agenda to deepen exporter engagement through digital capabilities and data driven marketing programs. As part of the business development group, the marketing team is seeking an individual contributor to accelerate its digital program capacity and capability in an effort to increase awareness of EDC across current and potential Canadian exporters.
Aspiring to be the digital platform for all exporters in Canada, EDC aims to service the total spectrum of exporter needs (information, knowledge, advisory and financial products) while allowing them to connect amongst themselves and other professionals. Relying on effective relationship building, the incumbent is expected to work across the communications, marketing, technology, business development and economic teams to constantly increase the quality of our digital platforms, and deepen exporter engagement.
As a Marketing Automation Specialist, you will leverage EDC's digital tool kit and the Oracle Eloqua marketing automation platform to engage Canadian businesses. Your role will be to deliver personalized, tested, and optimized email marketing programs that create demand for EDC's products and services.
With your strong experience in B2B, your fine balance of creativity and analytic mindset push you to constantly improve the overall experience and influence your marketing peer (content, development, agency of record, campaigns) to deliver more leads.
1. Digital Marketing Power User
Help develop hypotheses, tests, and solutions while autonomously, delivering email campaigns to target audiences
Manage challenging and diverse projects simultaneously, in a matrixed organization, with skill, attention to detail, tenacity, and a focus on results
Keep up-to-date and adhere to digital marketing best practices, including; usability, design/copywriting, email governance, lead scoring, lead nurturing, privacy, and legislative policies.
2. Email Marketer at Heart
Ideate, build, deploy, test and enhance email campaigns and workflows
Collaborate with Martech COE on lead nurturing and lead scoring vision and execute strategy within Agile Squads
Analyze results and performance for ongoing enhancements
Tweak templates (HTML/CSS) and workflow and propose recommendation to improve to Martech COE and Squad
3. Marketing Automation Community of Practice
Establish and share best practices with other specialists within the EDC community of practice
Educate your squad on marketing automation best practices, capabilities and limitations
Capture new requirements and request new components from the Martech COE
Grow digital skills (e.g. SEO, SEM, Adobe Experience Manager, Social)
4. Agile Marketing
Use data to define marketing experiments that can be tested using email and digital marketing channels
Participate in agile ceremonies such as stand-ups, sprint reviews and retrospectives
Keep all tasks up-to-date in EDC's agile software, Microsoft VSTS
Maintain an active backlog of new requests that support the marketing team.
Seek and communicate opportunities for process improvement across marketing functions
5. Data Quality Management
Champion data quality to build the depth, breadth, and quality of the marketing database for greater segmentation, personalization and customer experience
Contribute to data quality by feeding the Eloqua Data Quality backlog
Conduct data analysis and segmentation to build nurturing campaigns
- Ensures that the organization's websites provide comprehensive information, knowledge and product, service detail that is aligned with the exporter journey easily available to existing and potential customers
- Develops and evolves content and information architecture to improve traffic volume and quality from search engines and third party integrators
- Tracks usage trends of the organization's websites, digital tools including number and quality of visitors and makes recommendations to improve effectiveness and customer experience
- Ensures that online content is labeled in the way that best serves users' needs and integrates points to various social networking and micro-blogging sites
- Establishes and maintains an information architecture that is well organized, user experience driven, and presents a consistent corporate look and feel according to brand standards Analyzes the use of website content and design; takes steps as necessary and affordable to improve information content architecture and design
- Employs focus groups, surveys, web statistics, email, etc., to elicit feedback and improve website content and organization
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience as an email specialist in a B2B marketing organization using Eloqua or another marketing automation system / customer relationship management system
- Proven ability to deliver complex marketing campaigns using: web apps, forms, landing pages, automated programs, campaigns and professional-grade HTML emails in Eloqua or another marketing automation system / customer relationship management system
- Good knowledge of HTML / CSS code for email development and testing
- A high degree of proficiency with email marketing and B2B marketing best practices
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects at any given time while finding ways to deliver value to internal clients
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce deliverables to strict acceptance criteria
- The judgment to prioritize tasks based on competing priorities and to request help when needed
- Impeccable written and oral presentation / communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or college diploma in a relevant field
- Security clearance
- Experience leveraging digital marketing technologies for positive business outcomes
- Curiosity and ability to acquire new computer and business skills
- Experience with web tracking and analytics technology and terminology
- Experience using CRM tools to enhance demand generation and onboarding campaigns
- Eloqua Certification: B2B Oracle Eloqua Master or B2B Oracle Eloqua Modern Marketing Luminary
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in Business-to-Business (B2B); Insurance or Financial Services organizations
$62,000 - $92,000 + performance-based incentive
How to apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to go through the application process on livewire on or before Friday, October 25, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST.
If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.