Junior Product Designer, Knowledge Business
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2018, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
As EDC aims to be the leader in helping all Canadian companies go, grow and succeed internationally, the company has an ambitious agenda to be more relevant to more companies and expand its solution suites beyond financial products. A new Knowledge product team was established in 2017 to innovate, design and develop new digital solutions to address a wider spectrum of Canadian companies' needs as they strive to grow their businesses beyond Canada's borders. The team takes a design-led approach to help companies across a broad spectrum of industries tackle their complex international challenges, most notably leveraging design thinking and agile methodology to deliver relevant and highly scalable digital products. Reporting to the Director of the Knowledge Business, EDC is seeking a Junior Designer to join our team.
As the team's Junior Designer, you will participate in the ideation of initial concepts and help produce the UI and UX for new applications and digital products with the understanding that UI and UX are different but connected stages of the user-centered design process. With an agile and entrepreneurial approach, you will take direction from the Product Leads, incorporating their requirements into your creative work to produce iterative product level interfaces with a strong foundation in UI and visual design practices and systems. You will collaborate with other teams in marketing, research, and IT, including consultants and vendors, to design within the tone and standards of EDCs brand. Given the iterative, collaborative and highly creative nature of product development, you will form part of a close-knit team of diverse innovation professionals, working iteratively. As a results-oriented innovator, you are curious and highly adaptable, comfortable taking intelligent risks in a fast paced, often ambiguous start-up environment.
- Work with various internal stakeholders to fully grasp the exporter pain each product intends to solve and design the proper digital experience to convey that solution;
- Develop wireframes, storyboards, mock-ups, prototypes, and user flow to communicate your vision of the digital experience to key stakeholders;
- Collaborate with internal developers and vendors to finalize the design UI / UX and ensure smooth functional delivery with delivery colleagues;
- Contribute to user-centered design practices with brainstorms, story mapping, testing, evaluation and iteration of design solutions;
- Build hypotheses and scenarios based on field studies, customer personas and journey to be tested in order to optimize navigation, performance, and conversion thru user testing, analytics, multivariate testing & A/B testing;
- Think beyond what is asked for, and able to multi-task projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced, often evolving environment.
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in a Media and Design with a specialization in industrial, interactive, or graphic design, or in a related field
- Minimum of 2 years' experience doing UX/UI work either in a startup, in-house, agency and/or contract work
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Demonstrated abilities in a number of UX wireframe and prototyping design tools such as (but not limited to) InVision, Sketch, Axure, and Adobe CC
- Knowledge of mobile and web technologies (app development, responsive design, cross-platform devices)
- Ideal but not required: Front-end development experience (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Ideal but not required: Animation, motion, and interaction design experience
- $52,000 - $79,000 + performance-based incentive
Please be advised that this position is based at our Head Office in Ottawa. Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: January 25, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.