Jr. Innovation Specialist, Knowledge Business
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2018, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
As EDC aims to be the leader in helping all Canadian companies go, grow and succeed internationally, the company has an ambitious agenda to be more relevant to more companies and expand its solution suites beyond financial products. A new Knowledge product team was established in 2018 to innovate, design and develop new solutions to address a wider spectrum of Canadian companies' needs as they strive to grow their businesses beyond Canada's borders.
The team takes a design-led approach to help companies across a broad spectrum of industries tackle their complex international challenges, most notably leveraging design thinking and agile to design relevant and highly scalable digital products. Reporting to the Director of the Knowledge Business, EDC is seeking a Junior Innovation Specialist to join our team.
As a Jr. Innovation Specialist, you will contribute to the ideation, design, testing and development of knowledge solutions that achieve EDC's ambitious customer acquisition goals. With an agile and entrepreneurial approach, you will collaborate with teams of business leaders, designers, researchers, IT and other multi-disciplinary teams to identify innovation opportunities, define and develop prototypes of new offerings across various distribution channels and mediums. While this role is primarily focused on the innovation stage of the product lifecycle, you may also be required to contribute along the end to end product lifecycle, evaluating how new products are performing, evolving them to continually meet customer needs and/or retiring them accordingly. Given the iterative, collaborative and highly creative nature of product development, you help to bring together a close-knit team with diverse points of view to discover new opportunities and create real change for our customers. A results-oriented innovator, you are curious and highly adaptable, comfortable taking intelligent risks in a fast paced, often ambiguous start-up environment.
- Brings a multi-disciplinary approach to driving the innovation process and product lifecycle, from identification to nurturing and growing of product ideas;
- Evaluates multiple sources of external and internal research and market insights to identify trends, customer needs and market forces to feed product ideas;
- Contributes to the agile production of prototypes, evaluating how well commercialized products address customer need, iterating and adjusting approach based on user feedback;
- Actively contributes to key strategic projects across functions, working closely with digital marketing, platform and channel teams to support the packaging, commercialization and delivery of knowledge products;
- Contributes to the monitoring and assessment of product performance metrics and achieving corporate customer acquisition targets;
- Contributes to product planning and mapping including purpose, coverage, target audience and channels, preserving cohesiveness and tone consistent with EDC brand standards;
- Keeps up-to-date with the latest design, web, digital innovation trends and technologies.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration (with focus on innovation, design, development or marketing), in Design or human-centered design, graphic or visual design, or in other related field
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in product development and management throughout the product lifecycle, or a similar related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in design thinking, lean start-up, launching innovative products that achieved successful customer outcome
- Bilingualism in both official languages (English and French)
- $52,000 - $79,000 + performance-based incentive
Please be advised that this position is based at our Head Office in Ottawa. Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: January 25, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.