IT Asset Management Specialist
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you'll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You'll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you'll know that you're making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
The Productivity Enablement (PE) Team is looking to fill an IT Asset Management Specialist role. This team plays a key role in defining and delivering initiatives spanning all facets of IT.
This team is formed by a large group of technical experts to build, maintain and support the aspects of EDC's enterprise IT systems and integrating to deliver on business value. The successful candidate will p
articipate in the procurement of assets and support of the technology in regional and international offices. The incumbent will also work with vendors to resolve technology issues and escalates as appropriate. In addition, they will prepare requests for quotes, including specifications and requirements, and also implement procurement standards and reviews purchase orders.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with computing equipment.
- Works with service desk, network and server operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients.
- Works with, vendor management, procurement and finance teams to purchase and e-waste hardware and software.
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases.
- Provides ongoing installation, configuration and routine maintenance and repair of equipment
- Maintain technical problems history through a ticketing system and regularly updating CMDB
- Assist in preparing, revising and maintaining procedures and documentation.
- Provide support to customers through a variety of channels
- Support with desk side assistance when needed including travel to regional offices
- Assists with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop computers, laptops, peripheral equipment and software
- Computer Systems Technician college diploma or in another related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT asset management or related function
- Working knowledge of IT application or telecommunications support principles and practices
- Bilingualism in both official languages (English and French)
- $52,000 - $79,000 + performance-based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: March 29, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.