Innovation Associate/ Senior Associate, Knowledge Business
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 7,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
As EDC aims to be the leader in helping all Canadian companies go, grow and succeed internationally, the company has an ambitious agenda to be more relevant to more companies and expand its solution suites beyond financial products. The Knowledge Business Team in the Strategy and Innovation Group is responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of new products to address a wider spectrum of Canadian companies' needs as they strive to grow their businesses beyond Canada's borders. The team will combine leading business, technology and data expertise, customer research and a design-led approach to help companies across a broad spectrum of industries tackle their complex international challenges. Reporting to the Director of the Knowledge Business, the group is seeking an Innovation Associate/Senior Associate. (Depending on the candidate's experience, the position level could be either Professional 1 or Professional 2).
The ideal candidate will be an energetic, entrepreneurial, hands-on young professional interested in and capable of working in product innovation. As the Innovation Associate/Senior Associate, you will be responsible for executing assigned projects and tasks that are critical to the fulfillment of the Knowledge Business mandate. You will both support and contribute to the research, ideation, design, testing and commercialization of knowledge solutions. Given the iterative, collaborative and highly creative nature of product development, you help to bring together a close-knit team with diverse points of view to discover new opportunities and create real change for our customers. A results oriented innovator, you are curious and highly adaptable, comfortable taking intelligent risks in a fast paced, often ambiguous start-up environment. This role may at times be customer-facing and will require you to interact with internal and external parties.
- Conducts research, organizes and participates in customer interviews, coordinates and participates in brainstorming sessions
- Familiar with Design Thinking and capable of participating in and supporting agile product development
- Leverages understanding of the needs of Canadian small and mid-sized companies to identify gaps and opportunities for product solutions
- Coordinates and manages engagement with key internal teams involved in select design and production activities
- Demonstrates strong writing skills, preferably capable in both English and French
- Supports the maintenance and monitoring of product performance metrics and achieving corporate customer acquisition targets
- Prepares internal reports, analysis, presentations and/or other material as required
- Keeps up-to-date with the latest design, web, social and other digital communication trends and technologies
- Has a solid understanding of digital channel to maximize product impact and achieve customer acquisition targets
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration (with focus on innovation, design or marketing), International Business, Design or human-centered design, Communications, Marketing or related field
- Minimum of 1 year experience for the Associate and a minimum of 3 years for the Senior Associate. The experience could be in research, business development, analytics, marketing or related experience.
- Bilingualism in both official languages (English and French)
- Experience with digital products
- $45,000 - $67,000 + performance based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: February 16, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.