Financial Standards Manager, Credit Risk Services
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 9,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview
The Financial Standards Manager (FSM) position supports EDC's credit risk assessment processes by ensuring the integrity and consistency of quantitative and qualitative data related to risk counterparties, in order to provide an independent credit risk assessment and ultimately, a Probability of Default (PD) rating.
In addition, an FSM contributes to the development and implementation of "best in class" risk rating and assessment methodologies as well as assists in the design of credit risk assessment solutions, contributing to the proper identification and assessment of credit and operational risks at origination and post-commitment.
The FSM conducts all operational activities independently and handles a high volume of files with varying degrees of complexity, adhering to standardized processes while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. He or she acts as a corporate resource in the areas of accounting, financial analysis, credit risk rating methodologies and Probability of Default (PD) ratings while employing Industry specific knowledge to the credit risk assessment tools.
- Responsible for adhering to and maintaining IRB principles & guidelines, industry best practices, and established internal processes/standards for credit surveillance;
- Researches and reviews external best practices, regulatory requirements, and the organization's risk appetite;
- Participates in the development of scoring, rating and decision models for transactional and portfolio management teams to use in credit granting decision making.
- Develops, reviews, implements and monitors credit risk standards, policies and procedures, with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Promotes the proper usage of business rules, definitions, standards and applications relating to the risk rating process and ensures that credit reference guides, business rules, definitions and standards are documented and accessible to users;
- Ensures the integrity and consistency of quantitative and qualitative data and provides related credit risk assessment, review, monitoring and rating services;
- Acts as a corporate resource in the interpretation and classification of quantitative and qualitative factors and contributes to the development and implementation of methodologies to promote standard business rules in order to better identify and assess credit risk.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Commerce or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 2 years (level 2) or 5 years (Level 3) experience in credit risk management or related experience
- Working knowledge of credit risk management principles and practices
- Professional designation such as CPA
- (currently enrolled in program or completed)
- Working knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Working knowledge of GAAP/IFRS and accounting and financial analysis principles and practices
- Level 2: $62,000 - $92,000, plus performance-based incentive
- Level 3: $73,000 - $109,000, plus performance-based incentive
- **Please note that we will consider candidates at level 2 and 3 depending on the incumbent's qualifications**
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: May 25, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.