EDC Student / New Grad Positions - Human Resources Stream (Starting Fall 2023)
EDC Student / New Grad Positions – Human Resources Stream
This Candidate Pool is specifically for roles on various teams looking for students and new grads with Human Resources skills and career interests – If you are looking for another general area of interest please see our other campus roles on our website!
EDC is Canada’s export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you’ll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 13,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you’ll know that you’re making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100, Top Family-Friendly, Best Diversity and Greenest Employer.
Student and New Grad Opportunities
Our student development opportunities include work terms and co-op programs – all designed to give your career a head start. Work terms are typically four or eight months in length and can be counted towards an accredited co-op program with your university.
Our program is also open to new grads who have graduated in the past year.
We are actively recruiting early career professionals for the 2023 Fall Semester in a variety of teams looking for Human Resources or related students. Teams you may be selected to interview with will vary, and a more detailed team description will be sent to you if you are selected for an interview.
Apply to this pool if you are a student or new grad who is:
- Currently in or has recently graduated from an HR program at university or college (or related program with an HR focus)
- Interested in learning about HR roles including Talent Acquisition, Employee Care, Employee Relations, Total Rewards, Learning and Development, ID&E, HR Analytics, etc.
Our Ideal Student:
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program (eligible for up to one year after your graduation date)
- Previous work term experience related to their field of study
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated self-starter, good organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Enthusiasm to tackle any task, whether menial or complex
- Knowledge of both official languages is an asset and may be required for certain positions
What can you expect from an EDC work term? Building cross-functional networks of colleagues, identifying and following through on opportunities for improvement and innovation, learning and growing constantly through coaching and mentoring, working in a high-performing, fast-paced and flexible environment facilitated by technologies based out of our stunning downtown Ottawa headquarters.
What to expect from us?
- You will be notified when we have received your application.
- If your profile matches a team's needs, we will reach out to schedule an interview with the team, you will receive a description of the team you are selected for in preparation for your interview.