Digital Delivery Specialist, Business Technology Direction
Prepare yourself for the next challenge
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 9,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
Working at EDC means your decisions can affect the bottom line of Canada's exporters; your expertise can guide their strategies and your ideas can shape their plans. Each day brings new challenges, requiring the best of your skills, ideas and innovative thinking. You will build relationships with some of the brightest and most talented minds in Canada and around the world as you work together to support the success of our clients.
As EDC aims to be the leader in helping all Canadian exporters go, grow and succeed internationally, the Digital Delivery Enablement team helps EDC deliver and develop its services faster, with a strong focus on customer and innovation. By utilizing Agile methodologies, DevOps, and Design Thinking techniques, the Digital Delivery Team is pioneering a new way to work at EDC that is collaborative, rewarding, and effective.
Digital Delivery Specialist
The successful candidate will be a member of EDC's Digital Delivery Enablement Team, and play a key role in establishing and refining the Digital Delivery capabilities at EDC. This role demands a candidate who is innovative, creative, and has the drive to empower those around them to unlock the potential of Digital Delivery principles and capabilities.
There are two key components to this position:
1. Operational – A Master Coach and Ambassador
A successful Digital Delivery Specialist will lead, coach and nurture high performing Digital Delivery teams by effectively creating and sustaining the conditions for these teams to frequently deliver high value products to their customers, limit team distractions, and by introducing new and innovative practices to drive improvement.
A successful Digital Delivery Specialist will also act as a key advocate and co-ambassador for the Digital Delivery brand with leadership across all levels in EDC.
2. Transformational – Co-lead the Mission
The Digital Delivery Specialist will play a key role in establishing new and transformative capabilities (among them Agile, Design Thinking, DevOps & Analytics) as Digital Delivery's journey progresses. The Digital Delivery Specialist will play an active role in transformation planning for Digital Delivery Enablement and effectively managing stakeholders across all levels to drive organizational agility as Digital Delivery scales.
- Lead all coaching initiatives and strategies to guide Digital Delivery teams to effectively use Agile / Scrum practices, processes and behaviours;
- Equip all Digital Delivery teams with the tools, maturity, capability and independence they need to meet their business goals;
- Foster a team environment of self-organization and collaboration with the goal of delivering the highest value to our customers, the Digital Delivery teams;
- Define, publish and educate relevant communities on relevant metrics that show progress of the Digital Delivery effort;
- Promote knowledge sharing by helping grow the Scrum Master and Agile coach community and capability;
- Partner and proactively communicate Digital Delivery learnings with senior stakeholders within and outside Digital Delivery Enablement to facilitate transparency and drive new transformational activities;
- Represent and advocate for Digital Delivery when working with stakeholders across EDC to gain buy in on transformation planning activities and change management initiatives;
- Stay up to date on leading Agile practices and any applicable technical skills;
- Resolve unique and complex problems with a broad impact on EDC.
- Senior Leadership within and outside Digital Delivery
- Agile Coaches
- Scrum Masters
- Product Owners
- Transformation Partners
- Minimum 3 years as a dedicated Scrum Master or Agile Coach on another type of Scrum team
- Advanced knowledge of the Agile principles and the Scrum Framework
- Experience applying DevOps practices
- Experience applying Design Thinking techniques
- Experience in Business Transformation and/or Change Management (preferably in a Financial Services Institution or other Heavily Regulated Environment)
- Facilitation of use of Business and Opportunity Canvases
- Scrum Alliance or SAFe certification
- Proficient in both French & English
$73,000 - $109,000 + performance-based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: July 26, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.