Debt Services Manager, Claims & Recoveries
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 8,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The Claims & Recoveries (CARD) team provides innovative debt management solutions to Canadian exporters and investors. The team is looking for a motivated Debt Services Manager (DSM) who will actively participate in the attainment of the team's objectives by ensuring quality service to external Insurance Group clients throughout the debt life-cycle.
- Assesses small standard debt files through the overdue, claim adjudication and/or recovery stages of the debt management process.
- Participates in developing loss mitigation strategies for problem buyers. Participates in continuous process improvement initiatives to streamline operations
- Manages a portfolio of debt files through the overdue, claim adjudication and/or recovery stages of the debt management process
- Takes prompt action to initiate loss strategy, process standard (low complexity) claims and monitor the recovery of standard paid claims
- Evaluates straight forward settlement proposals so as to maximize recoveries on small standard insured losses to ensure optimum benefit for EDC and its clients.
- With the input and oversight from colleagues, this may involve direct intervention, dispute resolution skills, negotiation and influencing skills with defaulting buyers and other parties
- Interacts with business teams and others on basic policy issues, loss experience, claim process advice and recovery operations
- Reviews and interprets business documents and commercial agreements
- Screening Criteria
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Commerce or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience in insurance underwriting or related experience
- Basic knowledge of insurance underwriting principles and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Knowledge of legal concepts dealing with collection and bankruptcy
- Experience and understanding of credit, financial statements and analysis
- Basic transactional and customer service experience at a commercial financial institution
- Experience in the Financial Services and/or Insurance industry
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- $73,000 - $109,000 + performance based incentive
How to apply
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Application deadline: March 29, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.