Data Analyst (16 months)
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you'll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You'll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you'll know that you're making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
Team & Job Overview
The Credit Insurance group has undergone an extensive transformation and is now ready for the final phase which entails moving a large number of clients from our old legacy systems to our new Credit Insurance Suite platform. We are creating a separate team which will manage the end-to-end conversion process and require a Data Analyst to be a part of this team and exciting initiative.
As an expert resource on data analysis, dashboards, and impact assessment design and implementation, the Data Analyst will contribute to the achievements of the Credit Insurance objectives by supporting the design and use of effective data-driven tools for impact assessment, monitoring, measurement and benchmarking/reporting.
- Determines the best source of information to suit the users' needs and develops queries and reports;
- Provides analysis of query/report output, conducts statistical analyses and interprets results;
- Identifies data integrity issues and determines feasible solutions and maintains documentation, templates, procedures, processes, and standards relating to data;
- Performs all aspects of the data lifecycle management including consulting with business users to articulate requirements, translating the requirements into viable solutions, testing and deployment of solutions.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or in a related field
- Minimum 2 years' experience in business intelligence and reporting or related experience
- Experience in developing clear and consistent processes and tools for data collection, monitoring, learning, and reporting that enabled teams and/or clients to own and implement monitoring or reporting frameworks
- Basic knowledge of business intelligence and reporting principles and practices
- Experience using database platforms for data collection, cleaning, aggregating and report generation
- Intermediate skill in Excel, especially with functions, formulas, data aggregation and basic VBA understanding
- Bilingual in both official languages.
- The position is based in Ottawa.
- $52,000 - $79,000
How to apply
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Application deadline: March 29, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.