CX/UX Design Manager
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you'll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You'll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you'll know that you're making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
Team & Job Overview:
As EDC aims to be the leader in helping all Canadian exporters go, grow and succeed internationally, the marketing team has an ambitious agenda to deepen exporter engagement through digital capabilities and lead the governance of CX to provide an integrated experience. As part of the Business Development Group, the Marketing team is seeking an individual contributor to accelerate the customer experience (CX) program to create a consistent, simple and engaging experience at EDC. The CX Center of Excellence (COE) resides within the Marketing team and has been tasked with developing the strategy, planning and initiation of projects designed to elevate and standardize EDC's customer experience.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Experience, Brand and Research and a member of the CX COE, the CX/UX Design Manager will work across the organization to establish the customer experience design practice. The CX/UX Design Manager is an expert that is intimately familiar with human centered problem-solving methodologies, user experience and tools. Working in collaboration with partners, this role will provide guidance for applying a human-centered approach to CX projects and initiatives and apply design thinking concepts and methodologies to build new experiences or reimagine experiences. The incumbent should be familiar with quantitative and qualitative research methods to perform their analysis. The expectation is that the ideal candidate will drive CX design all the way through to delivery of the recommendations, bringing the experience to life.
- Support the corporate customer experience practice, vision, definitions, and standards by linking to customer value streams;
- Work closely with researchers to develop in-depth understanding of customer wants and needs as well as drivers of customer pain points;
- Design new integrated experiences across multiple channels that are smart, simple, supportive and empowering;
- Lead human centered design projects that include: user research to uncover unmet needs, co-creation to generate ideas, building prototypes to test, including usability research, resulting in delivering new experiences to customers;
- Interface with the development teams to provide guidance on implementation of designs, representing the voice of the customer. Collaborates to define user experience and translate into digital components/delivery;
- Works extremely closely with stakeholders to inform initiatives and represents the voice of the customer throughout the exporter journey. Leverage relationships with various business partners to create CX advocates;
- Contribute strategic thought leadership to drive the continued evolution of the CX practice at EDC;
- Conduct formal and informal coaching and training to raise awareness of and build specific capability in design thinking as well as other human centered tools and frameworks.
- Bachelors or master's degree in design or a related field (required)
- Experience in customer design initiatives and customer insights activities such as user research, testing, customer co-creation or related CX field
- History of making an impact, developing and executing on design strategies and delivering results in both the short and long term.
- Experience facilitating design workshops and other co-working sessions with non-designers
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment, including willingness to experiment and comfort with ambiguity
- Effective change, communication and analytical skills
- Drive for innovation and results
- Authentic approach and personal excellence
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Knowledge of financial industry
- $73,000 to $109,000, plus performance-based incentive
- Please be advised that this position is based at our Head Office in Ottawa. Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: February 22, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.