Customer Care Associate, Customer Care Team (Vancouver Office)
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The EDC Customer Care Team is a centralized team based out of Ottawa, serving the Credit Insurance group and provides support for customers 8:30 am – 5:00 pm coast to coast..
The Customer Care Associate will primarily act as the inbound point of contact for all credit insurance policy holders, brokers and bankers for identified activities.
You will provide value-add customer service oriented support across the customer journey. You will continue to enhance the overall customer experience through strong operational performance, quality management measures and by working closely with internal stakeholders.
- Ensures new and existing customers have the best possible service in relation to platform navigational questions, service requests, process questions, account inquiries, billing inquiries, suggestions and complaints
- Primary contact for customer needs. Troubleshoots and resolves customer inquiries and complaints fairly and effectively
- Provides product and service information to customers, identifies opportunities and resolves, triages or routes those inquiries to appropriate teams to maintain and improve the overall customer experience
- Identifies, recommends and implements continuous improvement programs, processes and systems to support customer needs
- Provides timely responses to customer inquiries by telephone, e-mail and/or other internet tools in an inbound or outbound customer contact centre (when required), consistent with service and quality standards
- Processes customer requests, orders, bills and accounts, and applications for service, maintenance and termination
- Assists existing and new customers with the registration, application and onboarding processes, and supplies initial product information
- First point of contact for all insurance inquiries regarding application requests approval status, mid-term adjustments, declarations, payments, etc and all navigation support for our client portals
- Guides customers through creating and/or updating of defined policy/agreement amendments and processes all payments
- Responsible for driving adoption use of existing and new customer portals
- Establishes relationships with customers and explains general concepts about products and systems and identifies prospect opportunities
- Documents all customer interactions using available tools and system to create analytics data to improve customer journey experience
- Raises awareness of impact of EDC initiatives to customers by collaborating with departments across the organization
- High amount of agility and comfort level navigating multiple systems
- Contributes to the content of material to the Knowledge Library
- Completion of College or University degree
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a customer contact center or related experience with exceptional customer service
- Knowledge of customer service operations principles and practices
- Willing and able to work shift work hours from Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Must be comfortable with handling a high volume of inbound enquiries over the telephone and email on a daily basis
- Strong knowledge in the operation of computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and other related programs) and ability to work with computer based applications (client management and contact center systems)
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce or other relevant discipline
- Bilingual in both official language (English and French)
- Customer experience in a financial environment
- $45,000– $67,000, plus performance based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: December 14, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.