Business Intelligence Analyst, Risk Data Governance (level 2/3) - Ottawa
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 9,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
In the Risk Quantification group, the Risk Data Governance team is responsible for building and maintaining an information infrastructure of data representing the full portfolio of EDC's transactions across all business lines.
It consolidates, certifies, and publishes the exposure data for use as the official corporate source.
The Business Intelligence Analyst in Risk Data Governance requires experience in the domains of finance, risk exposure, and transactional data.
Additionally, the Business Intelligence Analyst requires experience in business information systems and the information requirements of clients and co-stakeholders of exposure data. This role also contributes to the business certification of exposure data, exposure data monitoring and reporting, and sourcing data from the Corporate Data Warehouse, Data Marts, and systems of record.
- Executes and develops complex procedures in function of a large-scale information infrastructure;
- Is involved in the ongoing assessment of potential risks for an organization at every level and aggregates the results at the corporate level to facilitate priority setting and improved decision-making;
- Communicates information regarding business risks with functions across the organization.
- Extensively monitors and governs the risk properties associated with EDC's transactional data as subject matter expert;
- Produces operational reporting to the target audience of EDC management in Risk Quantification, Credit Risk Management, Accounting, Internal Audit, the Risk Management Committee, and for submission to Corporate Plan and annual Financial Statements;
- Participates in reviews and evaluations of documentation associated with transactions;
- Participates in reviews and evaluations of documentation associated with operational enterprise risk assessments;
- Conducts benchmarking against standards;
- Assists in the review of monitoring reports.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related relevant discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience (level 2) or 5 years of experience (level 3) of Finance and Business Intelligence and risk management or related experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience of advanced MS Excel
- Knowledge of business analysis and risk management principles and practices
- Bilingual in both official languages (English & French)
- Working experience with VBA
- Experience with financial instrument data inputs for analytics systems
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance / Quality Control Methodologies
- Risk Management, level 2: $62,000 - $92,000 + performance-based incentive
- Risk Management, level 3: $73,000 - $109,000 + performance-based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: October 19, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.